Obama's experience vs Gov. Palin's experience as expressed by Newt!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Here's the link I've been trying to locate.

Newt says it best!

Pass it around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkaKwJ9eOUU&NR=1

Gary G:D

With his Sterling record($300,000 fine for financial impropriety plus adultery and failure to pay child support) who can doubt him?

...and I still wonder why people are comparing the experience of a PRESIDENTIAL candidate with that of the rival VICE PRESIDENTIAL candidate. It seems to make sense that the Presidential candidate would be the better, so why is everyone trying to prove Obama is better than Palin????

It seems to make sense that the Presidential candidate would be the better, so why is everyone trying to prove Obama is better than Palin????

We already know McCain is better than Obama, maybe people are just trying to determine how much lower we have to go to find Obama's equal.

so why is everyone trying to prove Obama is better than Palin????

Because before Palin was selected as the John McCain's presidential running mate, he made a big deal about Obama not having enough experience. To then go out and select a VP who has even less experience is hypocritical, knowing that the VP would immediately be thrust into the role of President should anything happen to McCain(if elected President).

"I still wonder why people are comparing the experience of a PRESIDENTIAL candidate with that of the rival VICE PRESIDENTIAL candidate"

Many (maybe most) of the people in our country suffer from lack of mental horse power. It's easy to direct their attention and focus to "issues" that are not germane to the real issue of (in this case) who should lead our country.

Since any Vice President is at best a back-up, a comparison of her to Obama is an apples to oranges comparo. The more significant issue is McCain's selection of Palin vrs. Obama's s:wacko:election of Biden. Wouldn't you think?

It's been almost 35 years since a VP ever had to take over. Realistically it's a non-issue but the Dems keep throwing it up there because it's about all they've got.

Psst, governors make better Presidents than Senators do.

Why was Howard Dean considered to be a credible candidate for President when he presided over a smaller state with a smaller population and smaller budget than Gov. Palin does? Oh that's right, he's a Democrat so that makes everything okay. :rolleyes:

How much foreign policy experience does one get being the governor of Arkansas? Oh that's right, he's a Democrat so that makes everything okay. :rolleyes:

It's been almost 35 years since a VP ever had to take over. Realistically it's a non-issue but the Dems keep throwing it up there because it's about all they've got.

I thought McCain would be the oldest President elected if he gets elected, if so it is an issue.

Lasik,

Bill Clinton was impeached and lost his law license and was also an adulterer and he was fined as well.

Yes Newt did have some "personal" baggage, he was demonized by the Democrats.

He does know what he is talking about. His personal conduct was deploreable during

this time, but it does not take away from his well respected comments.

He is one of the most influential people behind the scenes in Washington today.

Just like Nixon after his presidency, he was called upon by most of the Presidents including Bill Clinton for advice on foreign policy matters up until the time of his death.

Nixon, another great politician IMO.

Bill Clinton was impeached and lost his law license

And let's not forget that the reason he was impeached and disbarred was because he lied under oath to a Federal grand jury.

When you're from Arkansas, everything is foreign...

Hey now, let's not get personal :lol:

(I'm not FROM Arkansas, but I do live here and my kids are 'from' here)

Ol' Mr. Clinton had foreign policy experience. Ever see what Hope looks like? Might as well be in Mogadishu with mosquitos the size of flamingos. Going from there to anywhere needs a passport.

Mrs. Palin ran a business, was a mayor and is now a govenor. McCain? Senator for the last 26+ years, graduated from Annapolis (granted, what, 2nd from the bottom?), flew (and lost) several different aircraft off carriers. Biden? Senator for 30+ years and has ridden Amtrak everyday to work. Obama? Senator for 4 years, "community organizer" for some time.

So, the only one with executive experience is... Palin.

The only one with budgeting experience is... Palin.

The only one who ran a state.... Palin.

The only one to actually have a heavily-contested election.... Palin.

The only one who admits to doing and dealing drugs.... Obama

The only one to rake in more than $1,000,000/day in earmarks.... Obama

The only one with Terrorist ties.... Obama

The only one to actually acheive change... Palin.

Yeah, I can see why Obama wants to run against Mrs. Palin, not McCain.

So, the only one with executive experience is... Palin.

Beg to differ on that one. Captain McCain commanded the largest fighter squadron in the U.S. Navy at that time. The amount of "executive" experience that comes with being a Commanding Officer of any unit of the US Armed Forces far exceeds that of any "executive" experience in the civilian sector. Not only does a CO have to make the same type of policy, planning, financial, and procedural decisions that a civilian executive is faced with, but a military CO is also charged with making life and death decisions on a daily basis that have a direct impact on the troops he commands. And not just in combat, but also in peacetime.

There aren't too many civilian positions that can equate to the amount of responsibility and accountability held by a Commanding Officer. And I don't see anything even remotely close to that on either Obama or Biden's resumes.

No doubt. I have had the pleasure of knowing two different squadron CO's, at least two other XO's, a mini-boss on the Kitty Hawk and several other Navy officers. They are nothing but the best.

And yes, I did forget to include McCain's officer status, not out of any reason other than just overlooked it, big time.

But come on, you have to admit... a "Community Organizer" is a lot like a XO, right?:lol: At least that's what I get out of the media and the Llama/Bye-byeden campaign.

TrainTrac, I may be mistaken, but when R Shek said "executive", I interpretted that to mean in a government context--the "executive branch" of a federal, state, etc., government. Within that definition, his assessment is correct.

Bill,

I don't believe that's what he meant. I believe that by "executive", he was referring to the position in a broader sense; i.e., a position where the individual is the person overall in charge of and accountable for an organization and those who work under him in said organization. And that seems to be where most of the "executive" experience comparisons have been made throughout the election. They don't seem to have been so narrow as to only consider gov't service such as a mayor, governor, etc.

Either way, neither Obama nor Biden have any executive experience whatsoever. Neither one of them have held a position (in the gov't or private sector) where they've been in charge of and accountable for an organization and those who worked under them in such an organization.

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone comment on Palin's slip of the tongue when she referred to Joe during the debate as Senator Obiden. Or was that intentional? It certainly brought a smile to Joe's face. :D

OBiden... I don't see it as much more than a slight mis-speak. After talking about Obama all night, Biden, Obama, OBiden.... not a biggee to me.

I didn't get to watch the debate but listened to the whole thing on the radio. From what I could tell, it would have been awefully hard to bring a smile to Biden's face for some reason.... hmmm.....