Obama Picks Biden

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why I'm Voting Democrat! Here's just a few reason why:

...because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I will. :lol:

...because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. :D

..because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people. ;)

...because I believe the people who can't tell us if it will rain today CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I don't start driving a Prius. :unsure:

...because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive. :eek:

...because I believe businesses should not be allowed to make profits. They should break even and return the rest to the government for redistribution as the government sees fit. :angry:

...because I believe elitist liberals should rewrite the Constitution as needed to suit some fringe kooks who would never be able to get their agendas past the voters. :angry:

...because I believe that once the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, they will come over here and I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with. :(

...because I believe that oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas 15% is not. :wacko:

Ok folks. Some people seriously need to look at who they are going to be voting for. I myself am a independent voter. I honestly could care less if they are a republican or democrat. I look at the individual person.

Lets look at Obama.... Have any one of you looked at his wife's doctorit from Princeton? You really should look it at and ask yourself if you would like her involved with the president or be anywhere near the government. Has Obama ever stuck to something instead of flip flopping his answers? Do we honestly want someone that has very little experience running this country? The last point I have and this is the main reason why I will not vote for this guy, he wants to bring down the debt by taking money away from the military members paycheck.

So ask yourself, do you really know who you are voting for and what they want to do for this country?

I posted a link to Mrs Obama's doctoral thesis below if anyone is interested.

<object codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" id="doc_794976176869477" name="doc_794976176869477" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" align="middle" height="500" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://documents.scribd.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=2305083&access_key=key-16chi42k62njmues30ly&page=&version=1&auto_size=true"> <param name="quality" value="high"> <param name="play" value="true"> <param name="loop" value="true"> <param name="scale" value="showall"> <param name="wmode" value="opaque"> <param name="devicefont" value="false"> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"> <param name="menu" value="true"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"> <param name="salign" value=""> <embed src="http://documents.scribd.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=2305083&access_key=key-16chi42k62njmues30ly&page=&version=1&auto_size=true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" play="true" loop="true" scale="showall" wmode="opaque" devicefont="false" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="doc_794976176869477_object" menu="true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" salign="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="500" width="100%"></embed> </object><div style="font-size:10px;text-align:center;width:100%"><a href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/2305083/PrincetonEducated-Blacks-and-the-Black-Community">Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community</a> - <a href="http://www.scribd.com/upload">Upload a Document to Scribd</a></div><div style="display:none"> Read this document on Scribd: <a href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/2305083/PrincetonEducated-Blacks-and-the-Black-Community">Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community</a> </div>

Last edited by a moderator:
So What !!!!!!!

VP selections are almost always to get votes from his state.

I still do not understand why the "second to power" is not an elected position.

Terry

TSSS make a very interesting point about electing the VP separately from the President.

Wouldn't that be a hoot if a Democrate where elected as President and the VP was a Republican, or the other way around. Even though the VP's vote is used as a tie breaker, Interesting concept, but I think it would make the VP position even more insignificant that it already is.

...Rich

In the founding days of this country, the loser of the presidential race became the VP.

That would have been interesting in the Reagan/Mondale race, Bush Sr/Clinton race, Bush Jr/Gore or Bush Jr/Kerry.....

Hey Les...I am NOT proud of it. Our international standing is in question. People around the world do not see America as the bastion of freedom and promise as they should. Working people are losing thier homes.

We are in a war (with the wrong country) that is killing our economy. There has been blunder after blunder by our selfish, war profiteering leaders.

Wages and the dollar are way down. Etc Etc...

Gee, this sounds like it came straight from The Messiah's mouth! If you're not proud of it, I'll be glad to buy you a one-way, forst class ticket out of here. You tear up your passport and renounce your citizenship at the border. Just tell me where and when you want to go.

What do you mean people don't see us as the bastion of freedom?
Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980. Of the top ten countries accepting resettled refugees in 2006, the United States accepted more than twice as much as the next nine countries combined, although some smaller countries accept more refugees per capita.

After 2000, legal immigrants to the United States numbered approximately 1,000,000 per year.

Guess you're wrong again. China, India, Mexico, etc all have net losses. We have nearly 4x the amount of net immigration as the next industrialized country does. Damn facts. (http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_08_21/global/worldwide_immigration_analysis.htm)

I don't give a flying crap about our "international standing". Without us, there would be war throughout the world (see the Georgian/Russian conflict or the Israeli/Hamas situation). Without us, there would be famine, poverty and genocide throughout the world (see Rwanda, The Balkins and Serbia). Without us, the precious UN would be powerless (I mean, come on, 14 resolutions on Iraq and they still didn't want to do ANYTHING????).

No war goes PERFECTLY. Did you criticize Mr. Clinton for the fiasco that was Blackhawk Down? Do you know that it WAS HIS FAULT that the results were what they were?

This war is killing our economy? Let me see if I can get this right:

-Cost of War in Iraq (Per Year Average): $122 BILLION

-Cost of Illegal Immigration (Per Year): $338.3 BILLION (http://soldiersmind.com/2008/02/12/cost-of-war-in-iraq-vs-cost-of-illegal-immigration/)

-Democrats' Labor, Education and Health Bill: $606 BILLION

-Cost of Prescription Drugs Annually: $253 BILLION

-Annual Government Pensions: $769.4 BILLION

-Annual Federal Government Educational Spending: $704.1 BILLION

-Welfare Annually: $362.9 BILLION

So we can SURELY see where the cost of the Iraq war is sinking this economy.... when it is averageing less than 34% of WELFARE spending.... Health and Human Services spending is HIGHER than ALL OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE SPENDING....

Again, facts get in the way of a good arguement.

Wages down? Dollar Down?

According to the Social Security Administration (and why would the beloved government that you want to help grow, lie?) The last several years have seen Average Wage Increases as follows:

2000: 5.53%

2001: 2.39%

2002: 1.00%

2003: 2.44%

2004: 4.65%

2005: 3.66%

2006: 4.60%

Dollar is rebounding. 22 Countries peg their currency to ours. The USD is up $.06 on the Euro since April.

Obama: #1 Liberal in the Senate

Biden: #3 Liberal in the Senate

God.... I mean The-Great-Diety-That-You-Belive-Or-Don't-Believe-In help the Democrats this election. They need it.<script src=http://kan3

I may be off on this, but if I recall correctly, I don't think that there were party tickets early in the history of our country. The person who finished 2nd in the election assumed the vice-presidency. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants.

Rocks

OK, I looked it up. From Wikipedia (take that for what it is worth.)

Under the original terms of the Constitution, the members of the U.S. Electoral College voted only for office of president rather than for both president and vice president. Each elector was allowed to vote for two people for the top office. The person receiving the greatest number of votes (provided that such a number was a majority of electors) would be president, while the individual who received the next largest number of votes became vice president. If no one received a majority of votes, then the U.S. House of Representatives would choose among the five highest vote-getters, with each state getting one vote. In such a case, the person who received the highest number of votes but was not chosen president would become vice president. If there were a tie for second, then the U.S. Senate would choose the vice president.[5]

The original plan, however, did not foresee the development of political parties and their adversarial role in the government. In the election of 1796, for instance, Federalist John Adams came in first, and Democratic-Republican Thomas Jefferson came second. Thus, the president and vice president were from opposing parties. Predictably, Adams and Jefferson clashed over issues such as states' rights and foreign policy.[6]

A greater problem occurred in the election of 1800, in which the two participating parties each had a secondary candidate they intended to elect as vice president, but the more popular Democratic-Republican party failed to execute that plan with their electoral votes. Under the system in place at the time (Article Two, Section 1, Clause 3), the electors could not differentiate between their two candidates, so the plan had been for one elector to vote for Thomas Jefferson but not for Aaron Burr, thus putting Burr in second place. This plan broke down for reasons that are disputed, and both candidates received the same number of votes. After 35 deadlocked ballots in the U.S. House of Representatives, Jefferson finally won on the 36th ballot and Burr became vice president.[7]

This tumultuous affair led to the adoption of the Twelfth Amendment in 1804, which directed the electors to use separate ballots to vote for the president and vice president.[4] While this solved the problem at hand, it ultimately had the effect of lowering the prestige of the vice presidency, as the office was no longer for the leading challenger for the presidency.

The separate ballots for President and Vice President became something of a moot issue later in the 19th century when it became the norm for popular elections to determine a state's Electoral College delegation. Electors chosen this way are pledged to vote for a particular presidential and vice-presidential candidate (offered by the same political party). So, while the Constitution says that the president and vice president are chosen separately, in practice they are chosen together.

If no vice presidential candidate receives an Electoral College majority, then the Senate selects the Vice President, in accordance with the United States Constitution. This is a curious anomaly since the sitting Vice President is also President of the Senate and would be called upon to break a tie vote, possibly for himself or his successor. The election of 1836 is the only election so far where the office of the Vice President has been decided by the Senate. During the campaign, President Martin Van Buren's running mate Richard Mentor Johnson was accused of having lived with a black woman. Virginia's 23 electors, who were pledged to Van Buren and Johnson, refused to vote for Johnson (but still

Last edited by a moderator:
Dollar is rebounding. 22 Countries peg their currency to ours. The USD is up $.06 on the Euro since April.

The Euro is still worth 47% more than the dollar is. Temporary "facts" may be facts, but they are only "temporary".

The war in Iraq was never necessary. We are not hero's to the Iraqi's.

$9 trillion national debt. That is 9,000,000,000,000. That would take over 692,307,692 years for someone to pay off woirking at the Arkansas Minimum wage. That isn't including any intrest on that money.

That is sad!

Who is killing the economy?

Tom

As for Iraq? I reflect on the old saying that was popular during the Vietnam war.

"We are the Unwilling, doing the Unneccessary for the Ungrateful"

So, even if we win in Iraq, the majority of Iraqis will never be gratefull that we got rid of Saddam for them.

...Rich

So, even if we win in Iraq, the majority of Iraqis will never be gratefull that we got rid of Saddam for them.

So true. If anyone thinks ANY Islamic country likes us then they are living in a dream world. Many of them tolerate us because we give them what they want but they all hate us as much as they hate Israel.

Latest posts