Obama Care

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not the way VA want's it done....perhaps more mismanagement at your local VA hospital.

I'd be shocked!:bwahaha:

Although, to be honest, the talent pool in this area is, well...shallow. I work at Home Depot with people who are in the local college to become nurses and their goal is to get a cushy job at the VA. Scares me to death that some of them will have anything to do with providing health care to any human. I wouldn't trust some of them to be my vet tech. It pisses me off to see them in the break room with a textbook flipping to the back of the book and copying definitions for memorization. I ask what they're studying and all they can do is rattle off a few definitions like they're in middle school; no context available. That is scary.

I know the medical community in that area of Texas is outstanding. My best friend was considering Houston for his surgical residency because of the resources there. He was offered a contract but got a 5 year guarantee (huge deal if you're unfamiliar with residencies) in Greenville, SC so he took that instead. He still thinks he may end up in Houston later and will probably apply there for his next residency, a three year oncological surgery residency.

We don't attract those kind of candidates to middle Georgia. Atlanta, sure, but Atlanta's atypical of the rest of Georgia. For the most part, the physicians, nurses and upper administration here are great but the support staff is nothing to brag about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a bit of an eye opener for a Canadian reading this thread. I have to admit, I find the public/private heath care and different insurance coverage a little confusing.

What happens with pre-existing conditions in the US if you are applying for insurance, is it covered?