o2 sensors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many o2 sensors a 2002 sport fail has ? Its a 4wd truck. Ive been told it has 4 but i only have 3 . When i got the shit bucket ,it had a mustang motor in it . It blew up because of lean conditions...ive never been able to solve it to this day. Ive replace the fuel pump twice ,o2 sensors , intake and gaskets . Pulsed the injectors , fuel pressure 65 , smoke tested , clean maf and replaced , new fuel , filter and have been at it with forscan trying to figure out this german shit bucket. Im wondering if the ECU is bad ....im getting ready to put a 5.0 in it (not the fun one) the old pushrod lmao. Any help would be awesome. Im thinking it should have 4 o2 sensors and the dude used a mustang harness with it ?

If you still have the factory exhaust system & ECU\PCM,
there should be 3 OxygenSensors as pictured below.
Again this is factory; your PreviousOwner\Customizer may have screwed all that up.
More info at https://2001fordexplorersporttrac.fandom.com/Engine_Exhaust_OxygenSensors

2001.Ford.ExST_Engi.Xhst_Sens.o2~~_Locations_0000.GIF

When I had My 01 the code showed O2 sensor. After I bought it and tried to remove it unsuccessfully, banging on it and Liquid wrench wd 40 to loosen it gave up for the day. Next day. The fault went away. Never to return. I dunno what happened. But the Trac ran fine.
So hit it with a hammer and hope for the best. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

Latest posts