O.T.: Paris Hilton ordered to return to court

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton's release from jail may be short lived.

Hours after she was sent home under house arrest Thursday for an undisclosed medical condition, the judge who put her in jail for violating her reckless-driving probation ordered her into court to decide if she should go back behind bars.

Hilton must report to court at 9 a.m. Friday, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told The Associated Press.

"My understanding is she will be brought in in a sheriff's vehicle from her home," Parachini said.

The celebrity inmate was sent home from the Los Angeles County jail's Lynwood lockup shortly after 2 a.m. in a stunning reduction to her original 45-day sentence. She had reported to jail Sunday night after attending the MTV Movie Awards in a strapless designer dress.

She was ordered to finish her sentence under house arrest, meaning she could not leave her four-bedroom, three-bath home in the Hollywood Hills until next month.

City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo complained that he learned of her release the same way as almost everyone else — through news reports.

Then, late Thursday, he filed a petition questioning whether Sheriff Lee Baca should be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton — and demanding that she be held in custody. Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer's decision to haul Hilton back to the courtroom came shortly after.

"It is the city attorney's position that the decision on whether or not Ms. Hilton should be released early and placed on electronic monitoring should be made by Judge Sauer and not the Sheriff's Department,"
said Jeffrey Isaacs of the city attorney's office.

Sauer himself had expressed his unhappiness with Hilton's release before Delgadillo asked him to return her to court. When he sentenced Hilton to jail last month, he ruled specifically that she could not serve her sentence at home under electronic monitoring.

Delgadillo's office indicated that it would argue that the Sheriff's Department violated Sauer's May 4 sentencing order.

Baca defended the decision to release Hilton, saying it was based on medical advice.

"It isn't wise to keep a person in jail with her problem over an extended period of time and let the problem get worse," he told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday, declining to specify Hilton's condition.

"My message to those who don't like celebrities is that punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice," Baca said.

As word spread earlier Thursday that the 26-year-old poster child for bad celebrity behavior was back home, radio helicopter pilots who normally report on traffic conditions were dispatched to hover over her house and describe it to morning commuters. Paparazzi photographers on the ground quickly assembled outside its gates.

Hilton herself kept a low profile, although late in the morning a man arrived outside her house with a supply of cupcakes he said she had instructed him to distribute to the media horde.

Her parents also arrived and briefly entered, then left, the home.

Shortly before noon, Hilton issued a statement through her attorney.

"I want to thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and staff of the Century Regional Detention Center for treating me fairly and professionally," she said. "I am going to serve the remaining 40 days of my sentence. I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes."

Attorneys differed on whether her treatment was unusual.

"She would have gotten out early if she was plain Jane," said Leonard Levine, who has handled numerous probation violation cases. He noted that overcrowding in the Los Angeles County jail system has led to thousands of nonviolent offenders serving only 10 percent of their sentences. "She di

This whole thing stinks so bad that I dont have enough time to post my feelings about it..:wacko:

whole story now gives every person who gets pulled over for dui/dwi a good excuse. be like, im rich biotch! so you can't do anything to me. this story is so messed up. just goes to show there are two types of people in this life: The Rich, and the regular. Oh I need to get out of jail b/c I have a rash, and I feel suicidal. Shoot, Paris needs to use safe sex, not our faught she caught something. And suicidal? Jail is there to teach one a lesson, and when one has money they think, they don't need to be taught any lessons, b/c they can just pay some one else to do the dirty work. They should put her in the jail for the full length of the of 45 days in the first place. For anyone else, with a current drinking/driving charge then put on PBJ, then to be speeding 70 in a 25 zone on a suspended license. Would get the charges of the DUI/DWI, plus driving on suspended, plus more than double the speeding limit. With all of these charges, there is more there, than just 45 days in jail. But being she has money, and I have no idea how she got "good behavior" when she hadn't even served any time. You only get that when you have put time in Jail, not before. When I had gotten my dui/dwi, they I lost my license for 45 days. Had to see a PO for 12 months, report to AA classes twice a week for 16 weeks, and couseling classes once a week for 2 hrs for 6 weeks. They told me if I didn't follow up with this stuff or was caught driving not to or from school/work, then I could be put in jail upto a year, plus $1,000 fines. Now I don't understand alot of things, but I do understand there is NO Difference, between me and some one who's RICH. we all pay taxes and we all live by the rules of being an american. So those who are rich, are just like the rest of us.

She can suck it up, so to speak :lol:, and spend three weeks in jail.

Guy I used to work with got his third DUI and had to serve 90 days. Because he had a job they let him serve his sentence on weekends. He'd show up at the county jail on Friday evening and get out on Sunday evening, BUT......because of a lawsuit and court decision about jail overcrowding, he told me that most of the time him and the other DUI and non-violent offenders would be kicked out on Saturday afternoon and get credit for serving two days.

I don't find her attractive at all. She has that nasty, skanky look. Like you would need to throw her in the bath tub before you did anything with her.

Tom

Latest posts