O-ring or gasket maker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin McGowan

Reaction score
Can you use liquid gasket maker instead of an o-ring on the custom air intake that Michelle used? If not.........what o-ring did she use or where can i get it. I ordered the air filter and mount......just not sure which to use the o-ring or gasket maker......which i have in the garage. Thanks for the help.

BTW..............i got the same spigot that michelle used off Amazon.com. search "3" Spigot w/Flange and i got the K&N air filter from AJUSA.com for only 39.95 with free shipping......part number RE-0920. Hope this helps anyone doing this mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cant find the right o-ring, I would use some soft gasket material. Providing both surfaces are flat and mate well. I would be afraid that excess from liquid gasket material, may flake off and be sucked into the intake..

I replied to Kevin's email, but for the rest of you out there asking the same question - I purchased the 3" o-ring from one of those "mom and pop" hardware stores. I couldn't find anything at Lowe's or Home Depot. The "mom and pop" had a dozen different sizes... and for about $1 each.

Latest posts