now 2 days after christmas....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
why am i still seeing vehicle mfg ads on tv that are of the past. no disrespect to the mfg, but christmas is over. ad agency ?

you know, the family in the suv looking for the perfect christmas tree.

or better, the hyunadi commercial.

save them for next year :throwup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about the Hyundai commercial with the stupid Fa-La-La-La-La song that has been way overplayed? A few weeks ago on Sunday night Football, they played it every commercial break for 1-2 hours?

Christmas is a SEASON, not a holiday. The twelve days of Christmas just started, and Christmas is active until January 6, also known as Epiphany!

Why do Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and Infinity always depict their vehicles as Christmas presents? Seems like something a soap opera family would do...buying each other cars that each could afford to buy for cash on their own. Kind of takes the thrill out of it.

Andy C, I don't mind the Hyaundai commercial, the lady singing in it is pretty cute. The Toyota commercial on the other hand I get a headache and have to mute the t.v. everytime it comes on, which is every commercial break, sometimes twice a break. :banghead::angry:

This one sucks.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xcbo1Z2LsrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xcbo1Z2LsrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That's the one Mark K, :angry::fire::fire::fire::banghead::banghead::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::btddhorse::toilet:

Here are a couple more really fricking stupid ads.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kxP_aGMpYPA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kxP_aGMpYPA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

For the Honda commercial, I'm sure that part of the reason it's still running is that the ad is for "Honda Days", not "Christmas" or even "the Holidays". And while "Christmas" may or may not be over (depending on your own personal definition), "Honda Days" is still in full swing.

Although yes, if I hear that Honda Days song one more time, I'm likley to vomit. Same goes for that "Tiny Tree" one that is being run by Macy's or Target or someone like that. And that one for Kohl's with the gal whose family exchanged names, got everyone overpriced gifts, and saved so much that she broke the rules and bought for more family members than the person whose name she had drawn. The ads have been particularly bad this year...

You can expect the Japanese or Korean to actually know anything about Christian holidays do you?

Plus, they must be hurting.

Tom

"Plus, they must be hurting"

as you always ask to be proved wrong. check me here, what countries(mfg's) are selling more vehicles in america??

Actually, it is the USA.

Ford........1,741,343 (up 21.1% from last year)

GM..........1,986,944

Chrysler... 984,509

-------------------------

Total 4,712,796

Toyota......1,586,107 (up 0.2% from last year)

Honda.......1,100,864

Nissan....... 814,840

Mazda....... 208,087

Mitsubishi.. 50,809

Subaru...... 237,126

Suzuki....... 21,347

Isuzu........ 0

--------------------------

Total 4,019,180

Honda sales are up 5.5% while GM's sales are up 7% and Chryslers are up 16.5%.

Ford has 16.8% of market share while Toyota has 14.8%.

Your point is? I know whenever I dog import cars, you take it personal. Calm down. pop a few chill pills and accept the fact that I know what I am talking about. There is more to life than "residule".

Tom

Caymen,

Did you forget Kia?

Also, Japan has been celebrating Christmas for some time now. Was in Tokyo last winter...all decked out for the holidays.

TJR

tom,

"I know whenever I dog import cars, you take it personal. Calm down. pop a few chill pills and accept the fact that I know what I am talking about. There is more to life than "residule".

"the fact that I know what I am talking about.", yes, ALL the time :bwahaha:

hey pal, i step up to the plate when i need, unlike yourself that becomes tom the turtle.

ok, yours #'s prove different.

i know ford has a more market share over toy this year.

either way, the past few years the domestics have nipped away at the asian market, but overall it still appears the later will provail.

Did you forget Kia?

The above brands I listed were Japanese. Kia is Korean. Should I list all the car makers in the world compared to American brands? Not sure where you are going with this.

Also, Japan has been celebrating Christmas for some time now. Was in Tokyo last winter...all decked out for the holidays.

64% of Japanese do not believe in God. Just because they decorate does not mean they know what it is about.

In 2001, when I was in Germany, there was a popular song from "Afroman" called "I got high". In the middle of the song, the lyrics were something like, "I was gonna eat your p____ too, but then I got high". All those Germans were singing that song without having a clue about what was being said. When I explained what was said, they looked at me dumbfounded.

hey pal, i step up to the plate when i need, unlike yourself that becomes tom the turtle.

Actrually I can only lower myself so much before I have to stop.

Point is, Toyota is losing market share and I think 2011 is really going to hurt for Toyota.

Tom

Caymen said:
The above brands I listed were Japanese. Kia is Korean. Should I list all the car makers in the world compared to American brands? Not sure where you are going with this.

You are the one that opened the door by saying "Japanese or Korean" and then said "they must be hurting". So, with that said and to be fair, I would have expected to see figures for American, Japanese and Korean brands since the THEY in question was Japanese and Korean brands.

Would be interesting to see the Korean numbers in the mix so that the total of the Asian import sales could be viewed against the domestics sales. Like I said, you were the one that said that "they were hurting", then it was you that put the (arguably incomplete) scorecard up.

But, then again, should we even count Chrysler as a domestic brand? Personally, I think not. It's not an American held company anymore...no more American, say, than Honda of America, etc.

Caymen also said:
64% of Japanese do not believe in God. Just because they decorate does not mean they know what it is about.

I suspect we could say the same thing about many people in the U.S. that decorate for holidays as well. LOL.

Surprisingly, Christianity is growing in Asian cultures. Awareness is increasing. It is very much expected that marketing firms in Japan and other parts of Asia have very ready access to people who understand Christianity, and other possible marketing hot buttons of the west. I suspect to think otherwise is a little naive.

TJR

Numbers don't mean much other than there are a lot of dumb people in the world. For example, take the last presidential election (please)! :banana:

Latest posts