Not sad at all

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Traded the ST in tonight.

Got killed on resale (no surprise)

Probably the last Ford that I'll ever own.

You can go ahead and try to justify your decision to own one as I have not too.

My other make cars seem to hold their own much better.

Good luck:cool:

In my opinion you can get a bad one with any make of car. Maybe not even that, its just the way things happen randomly just like with people's health or death etc if you know what I mean. Sure certain factors play a role for many but I have known many a "healthy" person that died young or started having all kinds of problems and have known some just the opposite, seemingly "unhealthy" people that seem to hang in there forever.

There are many die hard Ford fans or Chevy fans or whatever, I prefer to base my opinions on a vehicle by vehicle basis and if I get a bad Ford for example it might just be bad luck the next one might be great. Am I making any sense here? Yes there may be certain issues with certain makes or models but overall its just like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

I hear you. I can't imagine I'll ever buy another Ford either. They look great but....in the end it's gotta be reliable and well made.

I agree the mileage could be better but I knew what I was getting when I bought it as most should. I like it for the looks, versatility, and uniqueness there are not many in my neck of the woods.

stonemiser I was not sitting on a bench however these are the type of things I sometimes think about when I am running:D

I don't care at all what others do with their vehicles. I don't even understand why they think that telling their sad story here is of any value. So what if you don't ever buy another Ford....who cares other than some Ford dealer...maybe.

As my Trac is approaching the 5 year mark, I have had no problems with it other then the oem crappy brakes and shocks. After upgrading those I think it's the best vehicle I have ever owned. Especially since I paid only about $19K for it. I feel that I have definitely gotten my moneys worth. That being said, I would not even consider buying a new one. For the prices they are asking on the 07's, you could do a lot better.

From Money magazine:

The best way to save money on a car is to buy a late-model used car and drive it until it's junk. A car loses 30% of its value in the first year.

Last edited by a moderator:
R&G, interesting, never thought to look at his profile. No wonder he's not happy with his ford. My question is, if you can afford the cars that he owns, why did he "slum" and get a ST?;)

Awww...bet he'll buy a Ridgeline! I wouldn't trade my Trac for anything. We're a match made in heaven:wub: and no trouble yet...I'm sure I'll put 200k miles on her just like every Ford I've owned.

Bart, You've got some catching up to do. We've almost got 120k on ours with no major problems. Ya we had the fan blower motor go out, replaced the upper & lower front control arms, need to replace the clutch and front wheel bearings; but most all of that stuff in general maintenance. All the rest of the stuff we done have been upgrades and personalization. :D

R&G, I agree. I may not have as many miles as you, but I bought mine in 2003 with 4500 miles on it. It has 60k miles on it now and very little as far as replacing things. Shocks (just because of the crappy OEM's), rear swaybar end links, and rutine maintenence/performance. That's all so far. (knock on wood);)

Traded the ST in tonight.

Got killed on resale (no surprise)

Probably the last Ford that I'll ever own.

You can go ahead and try to justify your decision to own one as I have not too.

My other make cars seem to hold their own much better.

Good luck

tabascobobcat

Completely useless post. Who really cares?

Ape Out.

Although gas is coming down, you'd probably get killed on resale of any SUV because right now people just don't want them as much. The dealer will take them to an auction where he gets killed on them. That's one reason why I lease. If whatever I'm driving isn't worth a hill of beans in three years, it's not my problem.

Latest posts