not a trac, but it's a ford......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
My son has had lots of issues with his Neon SRT4 - all self inflicted, so I bought him a "new" ride so he can quit using up his shoe leather..... 98 Eddie Bauer w/v8 and AWD. Only issue so far is it needed a new door latch and inside door handle. 100k miles and was owned by a school teacher in her mid 40's who was married to a Ford mechanic........good to have another Ford in the driveway again (there is a trac in the background though, bought because they liked mine)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
what probs is he having with the skittle???

wont idle, wont start half the time. he's got about 40k in it (including the car) and now has no cash to keep dumping in to it. Motor has been rebuilt, turbo is about 3 times the size as stock, ecm is custom, fuel managment, cams, etc, etc. Was built to race, but hitting 3rd instead of 5th did not do good.... :)

When it ran, it was hot. Now, it makes a good flower planter. Tired of having it in my driveway so it is getting sold to someone who wants to start all over.

Door latches and both inside and outside handles are VERY common on both that generation Explorer as well as the Trac. Obviously, since they use the same parts! Nice Explorer, though. I miss the one we had because I loved the automatic 4WD. It was fun when everyone else had trouble getting around, and you didn't have to do anything to get extra traction.

I just picked up a white 2000 XLT for my daughter with 105k on it. It's a 4.0 2wd, gave $2650 for it. I've got a driver's outside door handle to put on it, 4 light coats of paint so far, light sand last night before the final coat. It came with one pop rivet, (PO supplied) and I don't know whether to source another one because I don't know what kind of gun to use on it, or just bolt it in.

and I don't know whether to source another one because I don't know what kind of gun to use on it, or just bolt it in.

If you use alot of large rivits, you can buy a gun pretty cheap that will pop 1/4" rivets. I have one that works really well.

If you never pop rivets, you could use SS button head fasteners with a lock nut on the inside.

Either works. Rivets cost about a buck a piece.

Tom

The intake is the same as the Cobra and GT40 intakes..Just port it..Put some Trick flow heads and cam..Nice thumping 5liter:smile0011:

gerald,

the explorer looks like it is great shape. good luck.

now, move it back and take a better pic of the vehicle behind it :smile0006:

Latest posts