Northeast or Outer Banks Timeshare

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Geist

Reaction score
I need some advice. I acquired a timeshare for this year. My family has decided to stay local (within a five hour drive) of SE PA. I figure with this range I can go to the Pocono Mountains, the Catskills, NJ and MD Beaches and northern parts of Virginia. I have two kids (3 and 4) and will have some family coming with us to give my wife and me a break. I love all seasons (except rain) so I'm willing to do the winter or the summer thing. Does anyone have any recommendations on things we should do or places to go in the Catskills or Northern Virginia? I'm familiar with the other locations. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry hefhay, no timeshare knowledge here. But of you want a nice cabin in the Delaware Gap (North of the Poconos near the NJ border) then I can recommend one. It has 3 bedrooms and a loft and comfortably sleeps 8 to 11 people (depending the pairings). It also has two full baths.

TJR

My family has a second home in the Catskills on Irish mountain in Roxbury, NY. There are ALOT of things to do during all seasons. Fishing is a big thing in the summer, along with hiking and plenty of golfing places. In the winter there are numerous ski mountains. I ski Platikill mountain because it is only 10 min from our house. Snowmobiling is popular in the winter there too.

Check out this webiste it might help some...

Is it thru Marriott or Interval International? The reason I ask is that the Interval exchange program with Marriott only works with some of the Marriott Vacationclub resorts. And I just happen to work for Marriott Vacation Club corporate offices.

Thanks for the info fmarano and TJR. Sobek, the catalog I have says "Marriott Vacation Club International" in the top corner but the title in the middle shows 2006-2007 Interval Internations Resort Directory. Does that answer your question? Can you get me upgraded to penthouse suite accomodations? Just kidding. But maybe you can help me locate the best place to stay (largest rooms, views, etc). My search has expanded now to include the Outer Banks. I think the sandy beaches have summoned my sport trac and I really want to drive the beach (just because I think it would be fun). Have to convince the wife that an 8 hour drive will be good for the kids.

I am assuming when you say Outer Banks you mean North Carolina? About 3-4 hours more drive from N Va. If you are game there is lots of fishing and great places to eat. Lots of local history of pirates too. Kids really dig that. Beach, sand, and fun. Hope it helps. I am 30 minutes N of the OBX.

EDIT: Just saw your update...Do it! Half day/full day fishing charters...lots of fun. Trac on Oregon Inlet would be cool! :cool: Bring a couple of surf rods...two piece for transport in the Trac.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pushing for OBX. I could see myself surf fishing quite a bit. I didn't know about the pirate history. That could be cool. I will surely look into a fishing charter.

I'd have to see which resorts they would allow you to trade for, if you are able to get on the Marriott rewards program (which I would recommend) and do trades you are set to go anywhere we have a resort, but even then there are restrictions since it is thru interval international.