Noisy Heater

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mazur

Reaction score
My neighbor just bought a new Sport Trac Limited. When the heater is on there is a noise like something banging or slapping open or shut every so often. He took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. I say BULL we have had ours for over a year and have never heard any kind of noise while it is running. Has anyone had a problem like this? Thanks for any help...

hot4rd,

Your Trac is a 1st generation (from your profile) and your neighbor has a 2nd generation.

You really can not compare the two.

The noise he hears is possibly the vent doors opening and closing. Does your neighbor have that automatic climate control where you set the temp and then forget it?

Tom

Tom, yes he has the automatic temp control same as mine. I haven't heard the noise myself but it must be loud enough that it is annoying. I have bought a lot of new cars and I don't recall any noise in any of them when the heat is on..... Dave

I know my 05 ST makes noise when the heat is on, its kinda like a click bang. I believe its the vent doors opening, it dont bother me that much.

hot4rd,

Your profile says you have a 2002 Trac. No automatic temp control on that year. Actually no auto temp control on any 1st gen Trac. (2001 to 2005)

Tom

Latest posts