Noise While running the A/C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Sport Trac and have been noticing that it has been making a thumping noise when I make turns. It seems to only make the noise when I'm running the A/C, and sounds like its coming from under the dashboard. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what could be causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

With my '07 and if I have the A/C set to norm...I can hear a dull thump each time the compressor cycles.

Welcome to the site Steve

Might try this

TSB

08-11-6 A/C COMPRESSOR THUMP NOISE

Publication Date: May 19, 2008

FORD: 2006-2008 Explorer

2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac

MERCURY: 2006-2008 Mountaineer

This article supersedes TSB 07-19-7 to eliminate engine specific qualifiers.

ISSUE:

Some 2006-2008 Explorer 4dr, Mountaineer and 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac vehicles equipped with non auxiliary climate control may exhibit an intermittent thump or similarly described noise transmitted into the passenger compartment in A/C /Auto / Defrost modes, when the A/C compressor engages.

ACTION:

Follow Workshop Manual, Section 412-01 to replace the A/C suction accumulator and O-rings associated with the repair.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

6L2Z-19C836-B A/C Accumulator

1W1Z-19E889-LB A/C O-Ring

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

081106A 2006-2008 Explorer/Mountaineer, 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L: Replace The Air Conditioning Suction Accumulator, Includes Time To Recover, Evacuate And Charge The Air Conditioning System (Do Not Use With 19700A, 19700A18, 12650D6, 9600A) 0.9 Hr.

081106A 2006-2008 Explorer/Mountaineer, 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L: Replace The Air Conditioning Suction Accumulator, Includes Time To Recover, Evacuate And Charge The Air Conditioning System (Do Not Use With 19700A, 19700A18, 12650D6, 9600A) 1.0 Hr.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE

19c836 42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

Copyright © 2008 Ford Motor Company

Latest posts