Noise on bumps

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Niederhauser

Reaction score
I have this noise only when I come out of a drive way or a parking lot, Lets say on a angle and the truck leans/rocks a little. It sounds like a spring or something hitting in the front.(ding, ding) It only last a few seconds until the st levels out... This is a 2008 and I had the same thing in my 2003 and could never find what it was. :wacko:

Sapdhn,

Had the same thing on my '04. Rounding the corner onto our road, probably doing 30mph and with the windows down I would hear a "tisk-tisk-tisk" sound. I asked about it here, but never really got a good answer. To me, it sounded like something inside the drivetrain, like differentials slipping or somesuch (of course, I know not what I am talking about as I don't k now the ins and outs of the ST drivetrain like many here do).

TJR

I can here this inside. Sounds like something hitting against the frame...Like I said I had this on my old 2003 and just like it go... I put 160,000 on the old one and no issues with anything... Its' just bugging me now.....

Sapdhn,

Maybe you don't have the same issue I had. I thought they sounded the same due to the description of the sound and the situation (cornering/leaning) experienced.

Hopefully others can help.

TJR

Crawl underneath and see if you can find anything that came loose or see anything shinny like it has been rubbing on something else.

If you haven't replaced them yet, check to see if your sway bar end links have snapped. Even if they're not broken, replace em with the MOOG parts (Autozone's brand part is a MOOG rebranded), because they will at some point.

do you have step rails? punch them downward with the heel of your hand in a sharp quick hit and back off like you're "popping a hood".

does it only happen in the cold, rain, or after a car wash?

does it feel like maybe something is rattling on the rear axle?

Latest posts