No Wet, waterless wash/wax products

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
Has anyone here used any of the No Wet products? If so, what do you think of them, or other products like them? They sure sound interesting, especially for a quick cleaning when the Trac is not real dirty or the wheels are dirty and the Trac isn't. Since my Trac is Silver, it has to get pretty dirty to look dirty, although the wheels look dirty and make the rest of the Trac look dirty.

I have not heard of any "No Wet" car wash products??? I cannot imagine how they would work since it kind of goes against normal car washing techniques?

The dirt on the vehicle is very abrasive and can easily scratch the paint. That's why it's recommend that you use a high foaming/sudsing car wash detergent and lots of water. The water and car wash detergent break the dirt loose and the suds holds the dirt off the paint until it is flushed away.

It is not even advisable to wipe a little light dust off your vehicle with anything dry like a cloth or even one of those California Dusters because that can leave little spiderweb scratches in the paint.

What are the names of some of these "No Wet" products? I suspect they are designed for cheap or lazy people who don't care that much for their vehicle and only wash it about once a year, whether it needs it or not :bwahaha:

I worked with a guy like that who bought a new $33K Toyota Tundra and had it for about 18 months and never washed it.... His truck was so dirty and I mentioned he needed to wash his truck, and he said "Why?" He said he never washes his vehicles....I was a bit shocked at that. That is not to even mention he never cleaned the interior and how filthy it was inside....:throwup:

Anyway, he was planning on trading it in for a new vehicle and was pissed when he took the vehicle in for a trade-in without any cleaning and the dealer only offered him $17K....Duh? Then he was suprised when I got $1000 more than than KKB or Edmunds trade in values for my 5 year old Sport Trac which was in showroom like condition.

...Rich

Latest posts