No PCV valve on Gen2 V8's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a teardown of the top end - we didnt find any either - found s sensor on each head that monitors something. Also found it nessicary for the valve covers to be vented to obtain a smooth idle. If you find them, please let me know - btw - the plugs should go 100K+, there are not any wires, so your list should be small, right? Oil and Air filters, fuel maybe, and?

Yep, list is that short. Just hit 35k. No plugs til 50k. By then hopefully I'll have 4.10's in the back, a Steeda underdrive pulley, a Zabteck TB, and the Xcal3. Sounds like a Christmas List huh.

Depending upon what you're looking at, the sensors are most likely either cam position (front of the block/timing cover) or cam timing (top of head through the cam cover)...

No PCV on the newer modular engines. No EGR or thermactor air systems either...

HTH...

Mark

by SuperCharged SVT,4/25/2011 14:10 MT

Well after a teardown of the top end - we didnt find any either -

WHat do you think that black hose is that plugs into the front of your left valve cover is for????

The pcv systems today are just a little different than what the average person is used too. Most of them are heated either electricially or with coolant and some are even controlled with a solenoid. Most modern day pcv systems don't have a valve that you replace, they are just a fixed orifice.

Well, the one on the passenger side is a breather that goes to the intake tube on the blower and the one on the drivers side is a breather that goes to the back of the blower neck and we did fabricate the Electric Line Heater from the front of the old 4.6 intake into that line as it goes into the blower. There is not a check valve like in the old days that you could pull out and rattle to see if it was still good. The orifice is just a vent tube as far as I can see - but this was put back together a little different than stock. It runs strong, idles like a kitten, and does not have any lights on so we must have done something right.

Latest posts