nissan cube

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt DeFina

Reaction score
Just saw my first Nissan Cube..

how wierd is this car!!

window around a corner, ripples on the ceiling, patch of shag carpet on the dash..

haha, I can't believe this joke went into production..

CityBoyAtl,

If you really think it's a joke, try finding one at your local Nissan dealer. Just for grins, I looked at numberous Nissan dealers in a 100 mile radius of Waco, TX and had to go all the way to Dallas to find any dealer that had them in stock nd they only had two?

With the current gas prices (even though gas prices are dropping) These little vehicles have become very popular and the dealers cannot keep them in stock.

I know they appeal more to women who like that kind of Ugly but Cute thing, but I am seeing more and more of these Cubes on the roads around here. In fact I see a lot more of these as well as te Scion XB, and that KIA thing that the hip hampsters drive in the TV commercials :bwahaha:

I am kind of disappointed in their gas mileage though??? 27 City and 31 Hwy for the Cube is not all that great for such a small vehicle. The new Hyundia Elantra gets 33 city and 40 hwy and does not look as goofy as the Cube, but probably is not as roomy...just more aerodynamic

...Rich

"Scion XB"

gotta' love the box :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

then there is the mini fj box......

[Broken External Image]:

:back2topic:

as rich said, look how many are on the road. has to be something right with the cube. and other box like vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cube is uglier than the Prius and runs neck & neck with the Aztec in the OMGIFU department. In other words, uglier than poop on a white rag!

Equipped tastefully the xB is sharp (i.e. gary's). I kinda like the Kia Soul. It has possibilities!

Steve M,

The asymetrcial design of the Cube is probably the most striking part of the vehicle and is probably the single design feature that people either love or hate?

Back in the late 1950's and early 1960's many custom car builders like George Barris, etc made some very bizzare asymetrical styled vehicles and I must admit that it is an aquired taste.

Being this is the first asymentrical styled vehicle on the market, it will probably take a while to catch on and I think it is geared to a much younger market, and that kind of different styling catches their eye. I suspect that in another year or two, you will see the Cube switch over to a more conventional symetrical design.

I think they have a ways to go to catch up with the Scion XB, but I don't know if it's the radical styling of the Cube, or that Scion XB has been on the market a lot longer.

...Rich

Back in the late 1950's and early 1960's many custom car builders like George Barris

Rich, there you go dating us again..:bwahaha:

Built alot of models of his as a teen......

Eddie,

Ya, I know...I almost always date myself when ever I open my mouth. :grin:

But you have got to admit that the late 1950's and early 1960's were a great time to grow up in America, and to have those experiences...:grin:

I've heard it said that more than 90% of all the knowledge gained by mankind has been acquired since the year 1960.... So when people talk about the greatest generation, I think we should be proud that it includes us and that we were partly responsible for being the forefathers of that giant technological leap for mankind...:grin:

...Rich

Rich,

Yep I wouldnt trade the '50s and '60s for any other. It was also nice back then, we didnt have to lock things up. Most all our nieghbors comunicated and respected each other..:grin:

Eddie,

I agree. I remember growing up in a house where we never locked our backdoor and neither did or neighbors.

I guess we where very lucky to grow up in the time that we did. I'm sure other generations feel the same about the time they grew up, but I think the 1950's and 1960's were a very unique time in our history that has yet to repeat itself. We still cherish the cars and the music of that era and it seems to be a pivotal point in our history. Yep, there was definitely something special about those times.:grin:

...Rich

bud,

People bought Pacers, Gremlins and Aztecs...Just goes to show that there is no accounting for people's taste. As I said it's a "Love/Hate" thing.

...Rich

"Cube is uglier than the Prius and runs neck & neck with the Aztec in the OMGIFU department"

hey now! the prius is cool looking.

[Broken External Image]:

i liked the visual of the aztec and the cube is ok as well.

some just choose a vehicle on functuality and price over looks.

some just choose a vehicle on functuality and price over looks.

You mean like fixing your glasses with tape instead of getting new ones?

That pretty much says it all.

Tom

"You mean like fixing your glasses with tape instead of getting new ones?"

yup, gotta' make do with the costco bargain's

tom,

again, look outside your cubicle :banghead:

again, look outside your cubicle

No cubicle here. Think quality control in a manufacturing department where hundreds of people are employed making good and solid wages.

It is hard to fathom for you, but yes, things should be, and still are, made in the USA.

Tom

I just don't understand why vehicles have to be so ugly to be fuel efficient. I know they don't have to be, but why do the designers think that wrapping great technology in an ugly body will help sales?

My hypothesis is that they know they are appealing largely to a group of people that want to think they are on the forefront and being environmentally responsible (unlike the common ignorant, wasteful American) and would like everyone to recognize their superiority through their unavoidably hideous vehicles.

I actually think Ford and Hyundai are realizing that people will buy the new technology but they don't want it wrapped in the ugly skin of a Cube or Prius. There is a different design taste in the Asian countries and these vehicles may be cutting edge and cool there, but I do not like them at all. The fuel efficiency of these vehicle bastardizations aren't really even impressive.

My next vehicle will likely be a highly fuel efficient vehicle but it still has to look good. I wouldn't buy a Cube or Prius if they ran off of the disgusted looks of other road-goers.

I really wish Americans weren't so afraid of diesel. I also pray that designers start making vehicles that are neither bland nor hideous; tall order, I know.

"Think quality control in a manufacturing department where hundreds of people are employed making good and solid wages."

sounds great. :banghead:

" things should be, and still are, made in the USA."

didn't you just buy a foreign made scooter?

come on now tom, there is another world outside that cubicle :banana:

Latest posts