Next mod: Xcal???? Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Xcal, or whatever else you guys/gals recommend for better mileage/performance. I've seen posts on people tuning it, but I have more basic questions:

- How easy is it to install and basic overview of install method?

- Does this fall under the MM act, no void to warranty?

- Has anyone had any problems with it (stalling, erratic behavior, etc.) that I've seen with other chip/tuners?

Thanks for any input,

Ken

1. Connect it to the OBDII port below your steering column.

2. Follow the instructions on the LCD screen.

3. Disconnect from the OBDII port.

Done.

This process takes less than Two minutes.

When you want return to the stock settings follow the instructions above.

I have never had any issues with engine, electronic or electric operation on my ST, in association with the programmer. I have changed between the programs dozens of times in the last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It requires no installation, you plug it to the 'puter port under the steering column and it allows you to upload a different program to the computer, and revert back to OEM if needed. You will just need to make sure that you're providing the correct data to the programmer (WFoy in this case?) if you have any performance mods, or larger tires. You need to know the current version your computer is running.

I don't recall any problems reported, and several improvements were seen.

I think you get 2 programs plus stock, they could be economy @ 87 Octane and performance @ 93 Octane.... I'm sure some other member will shed more light here...

6c435a96585dd80621c287942a4495f6.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Is it Wfoy that sells it? I see the price is $375 on the hyp web site, do we get a discount as part of this one?

3 programs plus stock. Ken, the $375 is the discounted price. Pretty much everywhere else I've seen sells them for $400+, and the tuning isn't "custom" as Wayne's is. It really helps when the programmer actually owns a vehicle running the setup.

So, how significant of a mileage increase have people experienced? I'm sure performance is a given, it will increase ... but is the mileage increase significant enough to purchase the Xcal?

I got about 2mpg increase. With all my mods, when I keep my foot out of it, I get 24-25mpg on the interstate.

Ken,

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it is really unbelievable. Even my girlfriend says it is the best thing I have done to the truck. I have seen a small inscrease in gas mileage but that's because I can't keep my foot off the gas! I'm sure it would be better if you keep your same driving habits. :D

George

Latest posts