newbie here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean James

Reaction score
Hello all. Has anyone ever taken the back door panels off to replace the factory speakers? If so, do you have a schematic or how too. Also, which cold air intake do you guys/gals recommend: K&N, Volant or MAC?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

There is a "how to" for removing the door panels in the member section under projects. I would vote for the Volant on the intake. Most will say you can't tell much of a difference between them but I just like the way the Volant looks. I believe it's just a matter of preference.This is the best place in the world to get an ST question answered. Hope this helps! Welcome to the site!

I think there is a project on it, look under members/projects/audio on the left panel. A couple of screws and the rest is those plastic clips. I put new rear door speakers in and stuffed the doors half way with $3 pillow stuffing then sealed it back off with duct tape before putting the panel back on.

It's pretty easy, some screws and you have to pop off the door skin. It's pretty hard to pop off the 1st time, but don't go easy on it, just rip that sucker off.

I have a K&N and I like it. I wish I had done a little more research before buying it because the CAI systems are all basically the same except for the cosmetics. The K&N Just cost more because of the name. If I were you i'de go for either volant or MAC. since they cost less. Since they all seem to have the same benefits. You can't go wrong with a CAI system.