"New" Zabteck CAI Intalled

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Easley

Reaction score
Got this from a fellow member and it is finally nice enough to install! Did I do it right? :smack:

Assembled. Still have a lot of extra parts lying around...

Clicked in!

Screwed on!

Ba-ziiiiiiiiing!

J.B.

Last edited by a moderator:
God those pictures are big... okay brother b-day party. Going to edit them tonight. They are in my library if anything!

Certainly looks good, but where does the (CAI) Cold Air Intake get the cold air from? Other "CAI" systems typically isolate the intake from the Hot under hood air and get their cold air from outside the engine compartment

...Rich

Got the full kit at a discounted price and wasn't feeling it in terms of drilling to make it a "true cai" which it sits in the wheel well, so I decided to just keep is as is. Maybe one day I'll drill it out and go the whole 9-yards, but for the price couldn't pass up all the goodies!

Should have drilled through the side panel there, and brought the intake pipe into the wheel well back there. There should have also been another elbow that would allow it to fit in the wheel well. You would need to remove the cladding above the passenger wheel (careful not to ruin the vacuume stuff on it) in order to aid in the assembly. Then put it back on once conmplete.

I have run it that way forever, and living in Washington we get plenty of rain, never had water come up and cause a problem.

True cold air comes in now, really notice the difference!

I am running and 05 Adrenaline, so maybe its different with your model. You can check my upgrades folder for pictures, but it doesn't show the actual filter going through the wheel well.

Latest posts