New Wheels and tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
Buying wheel online is at best an experiment. I saw a fellow ST member who had a set of Enkei wheels and that got me to looking. My OEM wheels only lasted a week until I got a set of Privat Gasen wheels. The chrome and the center section casting starting looking poorly so I purchased a set of Enkei wheels. It is a new model called the "Falcon". I wanted a semi retro look and I still like raise white lettering. Since I was putting new wheel on, went ahead and put on some BF Goodrich Long Trail P265/70-18. I also pulled the luggage rack off. I am undecided on the luggage rack and like I said, the wheels are an experiment. The wheel quality is much better than the Privats. The ride and handling is stunning. I wasn't expecting any change. Nearly no road noise even going 80 on a concrete toll road.

I other news, my 80 year old Dad bought a ST today. It is the only advice he has taken from his son. Way to go Dad. :supercool:

WAS

[Broken External Image]:

IS Now

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
that truck is beautiful.....consider changing out your grill to the adrenalin one.

that would make it stand out a whole lot better and make it look more intimidating and it will match your windows and rims. i believe someone posted a link to ebay where they were selling the blacked out grill.

Arturo, the adrelin grill wont fit. There are other body parts needed. One memer already tried it.

While cleaning the wheel-wells, I noticed the rear tires are dragging the forward inner skirt. Discount tire fit checked the front but not the rear. So over large bumps, the tires contact the skirt. 70 series @ 18 won't work. They are ordering some Bridgestones Alenzias P265/65 18. This tire will cause me to get out my wallet again.

In the Subaru wrx and sti world Enkei and BBS are highly desired wheels. Not only because of their build quality but because they are significantly lighter than OEM and other makes in their class. One of the very few, no bullshit, performance wheels let out there. Everything else is actualyy heavier than OEM.

Nice looking wheels. Props on your taste. :supercool:

Next time I need tires I think I'll try 245/70-17's just to fill the fenders a little more. I got new A/T's last year but in the stock 245/65-17 size.

Sorry Russ, I'm mistaken, you can't do that on a Gen2 my bad. I'm more familair with Gen1's. I'd take it back to the shop and have them set you up with the right size tires, any good tire shop/ garage looks up what sizes will fit and which won't. I know you said they test fit the front but should've tried atleast one side front and rear to be sure even if you use the same tire. Hell, most places around here won't mount 285's on my lifted '03 because their not the stock size, good thing my buddy has a tire machine at his house !!! Hopefully you'll get your tire dilema resolved cause those wheels look good on that ST. :haveabeer:

You could always keep those tires and lift the ST like rickyb did to his 3"s of lift would look aewsome with those wheels/tires.

:banana::driving::supercool:

Latest posts