New type of upper control arm?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
I have a question.... Been a member here for quite a while and I do not believe I have seen these new control arms. On Rock Auto it looks like MOOG has 2 types of control arms which both seem to fit the 2003 Sport Trac

k80068

K8710T

Both are MOOg Upper Control arms with Balljoints?? What give they look different but 1 is cheaper. What am I looking at, they look drasticly different

Joseymack

One is a one piece control arm and the other is the lower piece for a two piece setup. I just replaced mine with the one piece because the bushings on the original upper piece were wearing out. Check to see if your Trac has the two piece, if it does you can use use on but look at the bushings on the upper piece where it bolts to the frame, if those look iffy than just get the one piece. Make sure you order the Caster Camber adjustment kit for both sides for better alignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to replace my uppers, what all would you need to order to do both sides? Would it be 2 of the K80068, or a K80068 and a K8708T? And would the Caster/Camber kit mentioned be the K80065 kit from the PDF listed above (and would you need 2 of 'em)?

I'd like to do this right and only have to do it once... It's a 01 'Trac if that matters (JOB2 I believe).

And sorry for hijacking your thread :p.

I ended up ordering the K80068 and the K8708T, both of the problem solver versions. The K80068 is for the right side, the K8708T is for the left. They should both be in sometime mid-week next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get them put on next weekend, then have it aligned the following monday. I'm also planning to replace the transfer case motor at the same time (won't shift into 4wd at all anymore), since we'll have access to a nice lift while doing the control-arm replacement. Hopefully the car will stay in alignment now (it's been aligned twice in the past 18 months, once because we thought it was just out of alignment, the 2nd time due to bad lower ball joints)...

I JUST ordered both upper control arms, and the Alignment kit from RockAuto.

Moog part numbers:

K80068 & K8708T (I am replacing the 2 piece with a 1 piece)

plus Alignment kit 397 616-1011 (Raybestos) they dont show the Moog kit.

Cost for all was about $166.00 Shipped. Should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Latest posts