New toy means Trac now a Tahoe truck...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
Well, with the addition of my new 'toy box' to haul my go karts, the Trac lost it's job as my race kart hauler, as the new trailer gets towed with the Escalade. So now the Trac is my 'Tahoe truck', being used as a winter ride, as my ski vehicle, and for off road adventures. It's done a good job for me over the years, but I need room at my house in Sacramento, and have to 'farm out' some of the vehicles. With 104k miles on it, it's time for it to rest...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't think I would try to pull a trailer that size with the Trac. When we had our RV I always towed it with the Expedition we use to own.

That white box is a motor to raise/lower the front of the trailer for hook-up to the towing vehicle . . .

Ahh, so it uses an electric motor to drive the front jack rather than a handcrank? I was thinking it would be a good spot to mount a wireless camera for when you're backing up, it would probably give a better view of the truck's bumper and hitch than being mounted on the truck itself. I guess theres a battery on the trailer to power the motor, so it would be easy to hook up.

Lil Red,

It's an 8.5 x 16 ft. It was built by TPD Trailers here in Sac. (Total Performance Design) They are composite trailers, and this one weights in @ 3000 lbs. And it is sweet! Check 'em out on their webpage...

JK,

The 'Lade is pretty much my daily driver now. Holds the 4 dogs, tows the new toybox, and uses about the same amount of gas as the ST...

Dan,

I do have a back up camera on the Escalade, which makes it REAL easy to back up to the hitch. And yes, it's a power nose wheel gear, as cranking it up & down by hand would get old real quick! It even has a light! The trailer has a 12 volt battery which I can charge off of the Honda EU3000 generator mounted on a tray up front on the other side! Man, those things are QUIET. I can haul both of my karts inside, along with all my tool boxes, kart parts, extra tires, race fuel, generator fuel, pop ups, racing suits & gear, coolers... Sure beats loading & unloading the flatbed EVERY time I wanted to take the karts out...

By escalade, do you mean the ST wannabe escalade with the gay-looking minibed, or the SUV from all the MTV music videos?

Is it just me, or is using a caddy, especially a model known for ferrying around rich mtv rappers (ew), for work a crime?

Everyone knows the hitches on those are just for show. Didn't you get the memo? Geez.

If you own a cadillac, why waste time racing go karts when you could spend some of your wealth on a cheap (american) sports car and street, or even drag, race?

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit....pursuit of happiness is implied, not pursuit of labor or the pursuit of a trailer in tow.

Kevin,

It's the SUV that you'd see on MTV music videos...

[Broken External Image]:

And I use it for hauling around 4 dogs, towing my trailers, (yes, my trailer hitch works quite well) and carrying my stuff between Sacramento & Tahoe.

And the reason I own a Caddy is because my mother passed away last year and left it to the business, which I inherited. And I already bought a cheap American sports car...

[Broken External Image]:

I wanted to race karts because it's relatively inexpensive, as far as racing goes... I need my budget for other things! I have 2 karts, one for me, and one for my g/f, so we can race against each other. (how special, huh?)

And I spent MANY years on Team Pro Leisure being a professional leisurist while living the good life in Tahoe. Now my pursuit is of new toys! And those toys need a trailer to haul them around in! :cool:

Rodger,

The Mustang's down the hill for the winter now... But yeah, it is, kinda.

Latest posts