new tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh ryan 3

Reaction score
What is the beefiest tire I can put on a stock 05 with no problems? Around the end of the year I will be putting on the 3inch lift but I want to get some new tires first. Btw keep in mind I love white or red lettering showing, thanks guys.

Well, if you take a look in my user library, you will find that I stuffed 265/70/R16 BFG All-Terrains under my Trac and then brought out the stance with 1.5" spacers on the rear and 1.25" spacers on the front.

I also believe in the FAQ section, you will find that 265s are the biggest tires you can fit under a stock Gen1 without too much rubbing.

My tires rub when the steering wheel is cranked all the way to the left.

Other than that, no probs bob.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man that looks just like mine. I also have been looking at clear corner lights as well. U made my decision easy buying them now.:banana:

I bought four 1.25" spacers on Ebay and then later purchased two 1.5" spacers from Vince on the MYST Swap & Sell Board.

And yea, clear corners are definitely the way to go. I bought mine, again, from someone on the MYST Swap & Sell Board. I left the amber bulbs in there, but they aren't really apparent unless my turn signal is on.

It can be difficult to justify the cost of things that are replacing perfectly good parts, but if you keep your eyes peeled on that Swap & Sell board someone is bound to give you a great deal. People on this forum look out for one another.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: