New tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dedrick

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure this has been addressed a lot but I'm wanting to get some A/T tires and I'm wanting to know what the biggest tires I can get on a stock set up 04 4x4 with no rubbing and no lift for now also who makes a good A/T tire.

I had 265/70/16 Bridgestones on my '03 ST XLT, little rubbing on back inner plastic fender at full flex but fixed by ziptieing them back against the frame all the way. Look into the General Grabbers, their the best tire out there for all around use, BFG's are ok but wear bad and get harder as they age. Here's some pictures of mine from stock to TT/SL then TT/ SL/ BL and 285's.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put Cooper Discoverer ATR's on my ST. 265/75-16. I do have some rubbing only on the driver side and only when I crank the wheel hard left. They are nice and quiet with a smooth ride. Got them during a buy 3 get 1 free sale...

[Broken External Image]:

265/70/16 General Grabber at2 awesome tire. The wife gets comments about the truck all the time asking about the tires.

I have on my 2001 sport trac 4x4, BF A/T 285,75-16 stock wheels, I have to race the torsion bars only with the screw of the sport trac, and my truck is runing fine