new tires.. weird rubbing!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Sove

Reaction score
very odd... stepped up to 265 75s on my 04 adrenalin thats already got a TT and shackle lift.. and my pass side rear tire is rubbing around corners.. its touching the plastic at the REAR of the tire.. but only doing it on that side, adn only when turning left.. i DID notice a small spot where my factory tire rubbed before and i also thought thats was odd.. since it was the factory tire.. and insights??? of course the obvious, its rubbing more now because its a bigger tire... but rubbing period ESPECIALLy w my factory tire.. and only that side... ???

mine rubbed in the same place with the same tire.. It'll clearance itself after ahwile... If you want to adjust the inner fender, heat up the plastic so you can re-form it out of the way... us a heat lamp or gun, until the plastic get soft, them move it until it cools.

You could spend the money on spacers or you could just ziptie the plastic inner fender closer to the frame like I did when I ran that size. :banana:

Dang, I got 265/75 General Grabbers AT2, with no lift. I had rubbing in the back. Fixed it with 1.25" spacers though. Still have slight rubbing in the front when pulling out of driveways with wheels turned all the way.

If possible and you want to, do spacers in the back, it gives the ST a much more agressive look and it wont be rub too.:grin:

Ditto. Just put Cooper Discoverer ATR's that are 265/75 16's. Only have rubbing on the driver side when fully turned to the left...No t/t...

Todd C just reminded me, the part of the rear inner fender had the section that cut across like a triangle, I ended up cutting that off so it goes straight back.

Here's a picture of where I'm talking about that the tire rubbed on and I cut out.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: