New tires- Before & After shots

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ronayne

Reaction score
After a bunch of looking around, reading, searching, reading again, and reading some more I've decided on a set of general grabber At2. Aggressive tread and set right in my price range. I literally got them mounted today and drove it to class then home. I've done the TT & Shackle gig and I've got just about 2 inches in the front and rear. So far I've only noticed a slight rub full turn going into a parking space. Seems manageable for now, I'll see how that works out in the future. I'm not completely savvy on cars, but I'm good with a wrench. So if you have any tips of things I might need to look out for with the TT job or larger tires. shoot them towards me. and now...for the pictures....

Before- Stock Toyo open country HT 255/60r/16

083323929430d63b1ce987004ac3cf5d.jpg

After- Generals 265/75r/16

5dd320cfe7d0212a8c20b747fb5c32b0.jpg

c79f67cc36aa310a4951a348c76ebd10.jpg

f9e43100794e04db6a5db4fb9d72ed93.jpg

be115b049f21a61df462083dca77e294.jpg

d7ebe5b638614dd5e4835556433b1c0c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!! I'm glad you hid the white letters on the inside, gives the truck a cleaner look. Besides, nobody is paying you to advertise for them! Nice truck, good job, Bob :banana:

Brian, give us an update after 10K miles. I have 6 K on my 1st set of Generals on the ST, and so far am Really pleased. Good looking truck!

Jerry I plan on doing something. I just have to wait to find some of the rub. Nothing shows yet but I can feel it. Once I get a good idea of exactly where I'll do something.

JohnJR- I'll for sure keep track/a log of what these tires do. They are my 100k gift to myself. first set I bought myself.

That's a great 100k mile gift for the truck. Got my ST new shocks for it. I will be getting tires within the month. I'll add General Grabber to the list.

:driving:

The only think I'll verify is how far off your speedo is.

I run 20's with HP SUV tires in teh warmer months.

And 32" ATs on teh stock wheels when towing anything heavy or in the colder months.

Even when I first used the stock ATs that where ordered with my ST, the speedo was off a bout 2 mph.

But is you have an Xcal, you should be set. Even if you don't have a lot of upgrades it's a good idea,

Looks nice.

:haveabeer:

Ahh, bernard I move around so much. I lived in riverview off 301 about 5 months or so ago. The house I was renting went into foreclosure so I had to move out. I'm renting a small place over off the veterans near westchase. Im not sure if you're familiar with the dog track but I live 2 mins from it. Thats funny you're selling your trac, I saw your post in the swap&sell and thought dang that would be a nice car for me newly driving younger brother. haha who knew you lived in my area.

I know exactly where that is. Someone is going to get a nice truck for sure. People keep lowballing me already, and I'm trying to convey to them that the price is already GREAT! Had some kid offer me 8,000 cash and I laughed. Anyway, think I may have cold feet about selling unless I get a good offer.

Ever drive your truck around the MacDill/Dale Mabry area?

Bernard- I've been all over this state. Tallahasse for college, tampa for college parents live in Palm Harbor, lived in riverview while attending USF. I'm not to familiar with the area but I've played baseball down there next to the base. thats about it. Not sure what you're talking about.

and I hear ya about getting lowballed I've been trying to sell my 07 kawi zx-6r for about 5 months. I'm look for 4,000$ its got 3,000miles on it and in good shape (some scuffs and stuff) I've gotten 2 grand 3200...the bikes worth 5,000 but I know i can't get that with the way things are. so I feel ya. except I NEED to sell my motorcycle. its a must

Latest posts