New storage bins for 08 model

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Just curious as to what this new feature is for the 08 Sport Trac: "drop-in storage bins w/ power point". I've read two online articles referring to them. Anybody know what these are about?

They did change the front of the center console. It has a handy storage spot for a cell phone and there is a power point on the front and on the inside. Not sure if that's what they are referring to though. Maybe I'm missing something else somewhere?

Thanks PRM, that makes sense. Although the gen2 Trac should have lots more storage behind the rear seats. I've checked out a crew-cab 06 Tacoma and it has a very nice compartment behind the rear seats. Not to mention the numerous nooks in the front dash and I think cupholders in the rear doors. Very nice. The Sport Trac interiors can barely compare in this regard. Anyhow, I'm curious as to how the new console looks like.

The only thing that should be mentioned about this new storage spot is this:

It makes the other storage area in the centre arm console smaller.

It's basically just an indent in the centre console with a piece of rubber that can be pulled out. The audio jack is now inside the centre console

[Broken External Image]:

I don't have access to the truck to take a picture. This is what it looks like ...sort of.

wait you just created that image on the fly? sheesh... i spent 30mins in microsoft paint once justtrying to write my name!

Looks like i'm better off with my 07 console, I prefer my audio jack to be external and I like the fairly roomy storage console. It looks like the indention might inhibit being able to put CD/DVD cases inside the console, depending on how deep the indention is. Thanks for the graphic rendering Mop.

There is plenty of room for CD both in the compartment and in the CD holder in the lid. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the console. Works great so far. Also, there are two grooves for running wires (IPOD or phone chargers) from inside to outside the console with the lid closed.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks like a great place to keep your stash!

Wife's Outback has the interior console like that. Keeps the cell phone charger hidden and helps manage the wire better. Throw the phone inside the console for charging out of site, etc.

The '07 coin holder is a joke. Is it in a different place for '08, or did they get rid of it altogether? By the way, I LOVE that new little storage spot for your cell phone!

No coin holder that I'm aware of. If it's there, I haven't found it yet.

Looking at the pic, does the interior power point replace the one on the rear/outside of the console, or is it a third interior power point?

I think there is still one on the back near the bottom. I'll check though.

I need that consol, that looks like my blackberry will fit.

I like the new location for the audio input.

hopefully we will be able to buy the parts so I dont have to steal one.

Latest posts