New stereo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Had the new head unit installed yesterday, thought I would take some before and after shots. Will also be posting the head unit and stock amp for sale at Swap and Sell if anyone is interested. Cheap too!

Before:

[Broken External Image]:

(Dont know whats with the dark stripe, and this is reduced 50%)

After:

[Broken External Image]:

Still cleaning surface, got some label glue that I need to remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding, wasn't much. I tried to install myself, but couldn't get the wiring right. It would turn on, but no sound. They told me they trimmed a little off both top and bottom, like Robert is showing. Not much, the stock would slide right back in if needed.

The key is the install kit, and keep the bottom bracket, that way it sits better in the space. But be warned, make sure you have everything working before sliding the new unit it, getting it back out will be difficult because of the kit.

I am loving the bass, and the stock do sound crisper, but that just may be because they aren't powering the low end as much now.

Bass huh? hehe. I have 2 12" RE SrX's in mine and all 4 of my speakers are powered as well :D

My headunit isnt near as cool as yours though!

Yea, tried to make my own box for double 12's under the seat, but couldn't get consistant measurements, and they wanted over 300 bucks for a custom box. Uhmm, how about NO!

So went back to an old MTX 10" I got for free way back when. It may not shake the truck loose, but 2112 comes through like im in the middle of the stage! Good enough for me!

And yea, for 130 that head unit is a steal! It really worked out a lot better than I thought it would. And the only complaint people really had was that it wouldn't really dim at night (no automatic control) and when it did, it was so minor you couldn't tell the difference. To me that is not a problem, I like how the blue lights the truck up. Goes with my illuminated emblem in front, my blue LED reading lamps, and my blue LED bed lamps.

Think I got a thing for blue.

Im tryin' to blue out mine too. Goes good with the Silver/ Black exterior. I painted some of my interior trim black like the Bezel, door handles, speaker grilles, ect. Swapped out all my door button switches with blue LEDs, gunna do my HVAC and gauges in the next couple weeks! should be pretty tight

My only gripe with the head unit is the custom color. It only goes up to 60 for each color. I wanted the blue to match the 'California Blue' of my 8X windows phone, but I need 137 for the blue color. So couldn't get it to match. That sucks! Was looking forward to that.

Still happy with the purchase!

i have the same deck in my ST i just installed it a few months ago, its a good deck at a great price. i also put in pioneer 6x8 3 way door speakers and i pioneer 10" shallow mount sub and pioneer mono amp, sounds great and couldnt be happier

Latest posts