New ST Pic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks cool. I wouldn't take off anything that you have added per what others have said. Now by taking in what they have said, I wouldn't add anymore chrome, unless its under the hood or to the interior. But that is my view point.

Wow!! KPC really loves to hate. Maybe i should put a chrome wing on the back and really piss him off. His comment about the chrome being a wealth indicator is not what I am trying to accomplish at all, I simply like black and chrome together, it pops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I love the wing idea!:D:D:D

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hate.

Yes, it is the pillars that, in my opinion, was a little much.

Not a big fan of the handles either.

As I said before, each to his own . . . and . . . there was a time in my life that I would have been envious.

As far as the "wealth indicator" & "autozone special" comments, you have to understand where I'm coming from.

I don't know if you've ever been to Houston, but @ least in my part of town, the least wealthy people all seem to have a cousin that works @ Autozone & the chrome look is just WAY overdone.

I drive a red STA which has very minimal chrome (just the wheels and exhaust tip for the most part).

Personally, I'm trying to eliminate as much chrome as possible on mine.

As soon as I find just the right set of black rims, they'll be replaced.

My buddy said I should go with a billet grill (a look, once again, way overdone).

I'd love to find a black one though.

You posted a thread and asked what we think.

I was surprised when all I read was compliments, so I decided to chime in.

I believe you asked either:

- Just to show your mods off and meant it as a rhetorical question

or

- You were asking for some honest feedback to help you justify the look

In the end, it's your ride, & if it looks good to you, than thats all that matters.

Sorry if I came off as a hater, the looks just not for me, I'd rather have a unique custom look than another "Autozone Special" :D:D:D

Your bed tie downs...did you get those chromed? I first thought they were the blanks, but they appear to stick out like the regular tie downs.

all that chrome and your tail pipe is stock dirty looking pipe? come on man;) a guy om here has a trac like yours with a dual tip in the stock location. looks pretty sweet

OOOOOOOOk, heres my "expert" opinion :D

Stephen, as you are already quite aware, and as many others have stated, its a VERY nice looking trac. I'm usually a very outspoken critic of chrome accessories and the inherent need (in some people) to over do it.

I can definitely agree with the point that KPC makes where he stated that it has a tendency to make an expensive car look gawdy and cheap. That being said, I like the look of your trac. The chrome pillars compliment the roof racks and the tie downs fairly well. I'm not sure how I feel about the rear window chrome pieces, but like everyone else says "to each their own."

If I were you, I'd probably be removing those pillar pieces to keep the chrome look subtle. You will still have accents that compliment the roof racks and rims (tie downs, door handles, front grille). But theres such thing as going overboard and (in my opinion) you are standing on the right side of the line & about to cross over to the wrong side.

My advice: build upon the black colour of your truck and let the chrome act as the secondary accent colour. Every good car design has two colours to it: the main colour and a subtle accent colour. Keep it clean!

I think if chrome belongs on anything, its classics. I have a '73 MGB with chrome coming out the wazoo and if I could afford it, I'd have it all re-chromed and possibly add some more!!

edit: Oh, and if you haven't already, tint those front windows ;)

re: New ST Pic by Stephen,9/29/2008 01:56 CT

I'm guessing its the chrome pillars u all don't like then, because other then rims and tie downs its all stock.

My guess is stock.

Originally I was looking a the Limited and that seems to be the same as I recall for the chrome nerf bars.

coming from chicago it looks like a ghetto cruiser to me but if thats what you like its your trac and all the more power to you personally if it doesnt actually serve a purpose i wouldnt waste any money on it guess ill have to get pics up this weekend to show what i mean have time the wife is going to chicago to visit family the honey do list should be short "i hope"

Latest posts