New ST Pic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like everything but the chrome on the windows. i think the whole thing would look even better if those were gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great....especially the chrome trim! Chrome is in!! Definately not an

"off the line" generic ST!

You've got to be kidding!

Don't get me wrong, but at first I thought this was a joke . . . .

Then I realized that you were serious.

I'm a fan of chrome, but:

Chrome trim = GHETTO . . . . Ultra Ghetto!

Back in high school, when I was making just barely above minimum wage and still living with the parents, I would have saved every penny to do the same. (I'll never forget my ridiculous vinyl phase when I plastered my Acura in what I thought was awesome at the time.)

Things have changed and the image I perceive of chromed-out vehicle owners is anything but envious.

The stock chrome is nice, but you should have stopped with the rims & tie-down deletes.

All you need now, to top it all off, is the big "Sport Trac" chrome lettering across the bottom half of the doors, chrome trim around the wheel wells, chrome side mirror housing and lastly chrome windshield whippers (oops . . . did I reveal your next projects?)

Each to his own I guess.

To be honest with you, I just don't understand the concept of chroming out a vehicle like it is some sort of wealth status indicator (btw, 99.9% of the time a false image).

I'll be nice and leave it at that . . . .

What KPC said is pretty much how most modders feel about this sorta thing. Kinda "poserish" imo.

I like the rims and the step bars but the rest of the chrome looks lame.

Sorry man but there is such a thing as "to much."

At least you're not addicted to Lund stick on crap everywhere. So It could be worse.

Dude, I think your trac looks fine. I'm not a fan of stick on chrome trim but I don't think it's a sin like some people do as long as it's done tastefully. No different from interior dash kits........ same thing, just for the exterior. There is such a thing as going overboard but I don't believe you crossed that line.

Dressing up your trac can be a feeling out process, trial and error. Just have to think about the error before you commit the error. It'll save you money and possible embarrassment.

KPC is right. The thing about it is people see an accessory for thier vehicle and buy it....later on they see another part they want and buy that. Problem is, the two parts do not look good together!

Although...it is YOUR TRAC. Not anyone elses so if you lie it then good on ya.

I'm guessing its the chrome pillars u all don't like then

I don't care for those either, I have a black '07 as well and would prefer All black compared to the chrome. But if all that chrome makes you happy then more power to you.

since you asked for opinions ill ellaborate on what i said earlier. If you like chrome then i like the rims, they compliment the step bars and the grille and the tie down deletes. I even like the chrome door handles which is odd to me because i have never liked them on any trac ive seen. but the chrome on the b-pillar and on the back window are too much for me. in my opinion the simple addition of those small parts turned it from classy to cheap. or what i like to call autozone specials. A buddy of mine went to autozone one day and bought every stick on doo-dad they had for his 01 silverado, thats where i get autozone special because it made his nice truck look like a joke. i dont think you have gone too overboard but i think it would look a lot classier with out the window chrome. A member here by the tag of Supertrac has his b-pillars blacked out to blend in with the windows, i think this is a very simple yet dramatic mod that makes tracs look a lot better. i havent gotten around to doing it yet

Latest posts