New rubber installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffksf B

Reaction score
Settled on Firestone Destination A/T stock size 255/70/16. $693 OTD.

Sold my old BFG A/T for $125 and they had 58,000 miles on them. They were 265's. I had a call within a 1/2 hr of posting them on Craigslist, and had 6 calls in 48hrs. Decided to go back to OE size to try and get better MPG, no more rubbing, and get a cheaper tire.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thinking about getting the same tires and size when my GY Wranglers give out. Another guy here where I work has the same tires and size on his ST and really likes the improved traction of the FS's.

Mark

I have had the same tire on my truck for the past 2 years great tread wear, fantastic traction wet and dry as well as in the deep snow a couple of winters ago. I have put about 30k on them and they are still in really good shape about 50% tread wear remaining. Will need to replace 2 this month due to recent accident. One was damaged and do not want to run only 1 new tire with that much tread wear difference.

I've had the same tires for about two years, and I've been happy with them. Road noise in the summer and traction in the winter are both good.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the Firestone - Explorer combination, after the debacle ten years ago. But that seems to contribute to the good pricing, and the tires seem to be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice Jeff, over 3 years ago I wanted to get rid of the crappy Wranglers and was looking for better tires and a deal. My neighbor knew a Manager at Firestone and these were the tires he sold me with lifetime rotation and wheel alignment for around $550.00 total. One of the best things I ever did for my trac and wallet. The tires have held up great with the maintenance. Traction dry and wet so far has been great.

I was aware of the Firestone / Explorer episode but I knew they had made strides to improve the tires, so I took the step.

As mentioned with maintenance - alignment, balancing, new shocks and control arms, the ride, road noise and handling has been vastly improved. Take care of those tires and they will serve you well. Mine still looks very new although I have only done about 20k miles on them.

PJ

I work for Bridgestone/Firestone. I can explain this "debactale" which wasn't our fault. And we won that lawsuit just too much to type!!

So far I'm liking them very much, quieter for sure, good rain traction. Much better ride as well.

Can't wait for the snow to see how they do.

I had a set also. Great tire. Price is nice also. I put about 50,000 on mine and were due to be changed when I traded the st in. I never once got a flat in all that time. I will definitely be buying them again.

Latest posts