New Rim needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an aluminum rim for a 2003 Sport Trac in the Atlanta area? From what Ford told me, the (wheel) is discontinued. I ran by Pull-A-Part and no luck there in locating the wheel. It's a long story, but my brake bracket bolt fell off my truck last week, and when I applied the brake to stop, the caliper wore through the inside of the rim.

Sold 'em last month to a forum member. Thanks though. Had I known they were discontinued, I may have just held onto them.

What's the difference between alloy and aluminum wheels? Both are listed as OEM for the 2003 Trac.

Dean,

some of the tracs came with 16x7 teardrop aluminum. Some came with the 16x7, 5 spoke design.

Usualy it what the xls trac, teardrop with 3;73 rear gears. xlt got the 5 spoke with 4;10 rear gears.

The last gen1, 2005 xlt got the 5 spoke fx4 wheel, no center hub cap. The lugs open, just a cap in the cub hole.

The word alloy or aluminum is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the wheel in about two days. Thanks Rangers484 for the web site! Now, I just need to swap my tire from the bad alloy to the new alloy.