New member!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaughn Golden

Reaction score
Hi there!

New here, not to my 2002 sport trac.

[Broken External Image]:

This has been my first vehicle and I have had it for almost two years now. When I got it, the 4x4 didn't work because the module was fried. I have since fixed that and another expensive electronic component in the center roof console. I love it. Fixing things is what I like to do.

Figured it would be a good Idea to find a great resource for the truck because I need to replace the rack and pinion assembly. I have the part but I want to get some tips for when I try to install it.

Also,

I want to get more power out of it.

It is stock right now, aside from the air silencer that I took off.

Any help/tips on aftermarket upgrades will be appreciated.

Vaughn.

:welcome:

Wealth of information here. Use the search tab at the top of the message board and the let the upgrades begin.

My own personal tip: Be sure you are caught up with ALL maintenance items first before spending on upgrades and such. Not saying you are this way. I've just seen many times that some spend on power, audio, and etc. But, their trans fluid, coolant, ball joints, and etc are crap.

I recommend starting with shocks as a first upgrade.

Video: Power Steering Rack and Pinion replacement Ford Explorer

Hey thanks Mark!

Most of the fluids are up to date. Just the tranny and transfer case fluid are left. Diffs, coolant and oil were just recently changed and the power steering fluid is fine because I have to keep adding to it. When spring hits and I get some money, I am servicing the brakes. Shocks are good. Gonna start keeping accurate records on what I have and haven't done.

I have already watched that video. Thanks for linking it anyway. It will help me out. Did I mention that my truck has around 283 000 km on it? Most of the mileage is from the highway.

Being an Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic you'll think you woke up in

Heaven with all the knowledge available here. Welcome and Good Luck!

Latest posts