New life for a destroyed shotgun

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score

I purchased this Browning from eBay with a project in mind. First off, what a shame that this shotgun was chopped in half, apparently the result of a gun buy back program. I've made a few other lamps from gun stocks but never had the receiver as part of the project until now. The stock was in very bad shape with deep gouges in it that are filled with epoxy, refinished. The base is made from maple on the bottom with oak on top, then a small walnut piece right under the stock itself. I inlaid some 12 ga shotgun shell brass along with an FN animal horn butt plate as an accent. The best part is the lamp is turned on by pulling the trigger starting out on low to medium to high. Of course the safety has to be off in order for it to work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pQHTxOdZR4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hugh, I made two others. The Browning is the only one with a real receiver. I'll load the pics. The ashtray one has the touch switch feature on the small brass button.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. We've been designing our garage/carport/entertainment room (one building, three purposes) and this would go well. Basically, all the stuff I wasn't allowed to have in the design of our house will go here. There will be a 2nd story porch facing my dove field that gives some insight for the design we'll go for. :D

Did you make the bases yourself as well? Kind of reads that way, but not sure. I like to work with wood but I've never done anything I'd show off.

Yes, I did. Wasn't sure what I was going to do for the bases, so I just winged it. The ashtray one is for sale and on consignment at Orvis Sandanona in NY, a shooting preserve. They are a very high end store and they put a $600 price on it. Here is a picture of the Browning lamp finished.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts