New Hope

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Rumor has it Ford might build the Ranger at MAP.

Cross your fingers, toes and whatever else you have that it actually happens.

It would be awesome if they built a mini Raptor using the 2.7L EcoBoost!

I would be first in line at the local Ford dealer.

I guess you missed the previous post. :grin:

I enjoyed reading about the possibility of a small Bronco being built along side the Ranger platform to fill in the rest of space for capacity at site. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
sws, How'd ya guess? :grin:

Mike, Like some of the articles have speculated the Bronco would probably be a re-badged version of the Everest since that body on frame SUV is already based on the T6 Ranger chassis. Can't have too many SUVs. :rollseyes:

I just hope Ford doesn't pussify these things too much for the US market.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they build the Ranger as a mid-sized pickup, and not a small pickup as it was previously. The roominess of the Sport Trac is why I purchased a Trac instead of a Ranger. I have had a few Rangers / B-4000s and they were not big enough inside for me.

I'm with you on that one Gavin. Ford has said within the past couple of years that they feel a small, fuel efficient thingy based on some front drive chassis would be the type of small "truck" they would like to build. I just hope they haven't lost site of a "truck" is and actually follow GM's example and bring their current ROW (Rest Of World) Ranger or the next generation of it to the US. I'm not interested in some pretend, wimpy little POS.

The current T6 Ranger that is sold in over 180 other countries is very similar in size to the 2nd Gen Sport Trac.

Looks like they're not only considering building a Ranger at MAP, but perhaps a new Bronco also. From a business stand point, this makes sense. Build two different (but related) vehicles on the same line is more cost-effective.

We can hope...

Train, there was also speculation not long that Ford would bring a version of the South American Troller to the US and rebadge it as the Bronco. While it is a much smaller vehicle than the Asian market Everest, I would expect that the Everest would win out since it already shares its chassis with the T6 Ranger. Whatever we get I would not be surprised if it is based on the next generation of the world Ranger since the T6 has been in production since 2012.

Ford has abandoned the small truck market in the US and given it over to Toyota & Nissan, for reasons I'll never understand. They removed the Ranger from the US like it was illegal to sell it here (maybe it's the Chicken Tax?). With Honda bringing back a new Ridgeline, a Hyundai truck and Dodge/Fiat Rampage it'll be an uphill battle to get the sales figures management expects to keep something in production.

Personally I'm hoping for a VW Amarok - German quality and a nice look.

bambam, have you read any of the linked articles? Rumor has it Ford will be building the next Ranger and Bronco on the same line in Michigan...:smack:

I really hope so. I've been looking at the new colorado/canyon short bed as its the closest thing to the trac. Do not want to buy a government motors but i'll be damned if i by a Japanese truck :throwup:

Latest posts