New Homerun King

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This post went to hell fairly quick, why didn't somebody start one with the Title - Irrelevant pissing match and it would have fit.

What was some healthy conversation about baseball turned bad, real quick.

Check your egos and have some fun!

All of this bickering is ridiculous.

I, for one, would like to congratulate Victor Conte on becoming the new HR king.

I can't believe people still get shocked when threads start with one topic and end in another.

Welcome to the internet! Unless this site is moderated and off topic replies are deleted, then it will continue.

I've been the forums where you will be banned if you post off topic replies in a thread--- it sucks because you feel like the forum is nothing but computer talking.

This site allows it... that's the nature of mysporttrac.com... literally, an open forum.

PS: I can't remember the last time I actually used this site to talk about the Sport Trac. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, Mud Flap....baseball is not Sport Trac talk so I assume that is off topic but the personal attacks were off topic of off topic.

I thought it was great that there was finally 'healthy conversation' about baseball - a great American sport but then it was quickly diminished to personal attacks.

It's good to have chats in a room that is not baseball centric because on those boards there are some that are a bit over the top (imagine that). Here it can be more social baseball chat without the 'team attacks (e.g. Red Sox suck! and Schilling likes to ...........)

JT#14

Uh, Mud Flap....baseball is not Sport Trac talk so I assume that is off topic but the personal attacks were off topic of off topic.

What starts out as a civilized conversation turns into these attacks when people mis-interpret what has been written as an attack.

When we speak to each other in person we have the benefit of voice inflection, facial expression and body language to go along with what is actually said.

On this board you get the plain text. Once the imagination runs wild, everything turns into an attack.

Hence, every thread degenerates in the end.

To get back on the subject of baseball.

The Lowell Spinners took baseball promotions to a whole new level Tuesday night.

The Spinners and the Brooklyn Cyclones played what may be the first ever politically correct baseball game.

That meant renaming some positions - the first, second and third basemen became "base persons," the batboy was the "bat person" for the night and the shortstop turned into the "vertically challenged stop."

"It was pretty awkward at first, I asked my buddy next to me, I was like what did he just say?" said Spinners catcher Brett Lewis.

Errors were not announced to the crowd - so they didn't offend the players who committed them.

I wonder if switch hitters were referred to as biplate curious? :rolleyes:

Latest posts