New hitch for $120

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Loo

Reaction score
Picked up a new hitch yesterday for $120 from my local U-haul dealer. They had the lowest price around. The prices varied up to $222.00. Too bad the one from the Explorer in the junk yard wouldn't fit; he only wanted $35! Once I get it installed, I'll try and post some pics.

U-Haul..Yay for U-Haul.

Get that hitch installed and ask to rent a trailer. They will tell you no.

U-Haul is scum and will never see my money.

Eff U-Haul

Tom

Agreed......

You could have got a hitch under 100 other places.... Members here sell them brand new in the swap and sell...

ALSO the hitch just bolts on, no drilling required..

Todd Z

There are some awesome deals out there. Found mine on Ebay....brand new Hidden Hitch...$49.99 plus $25.00 shipping!! Lucked out big time!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The hitch in the yard was a class III. I installed the hitch today, but it's a two-person job for sure. No drilling, bolts right in. Just gotta relocate the electrical connection. BTW this was the first time transporting a canoe on top. No problems.

Stupid U-Haul won't get my money either.

Last time I rented U-Haul, the shorts in the trailer wiring kept popping fuses in my truck. Stupid U-Haul Dealer put 30-amp fuses in the box and they still kept popping, so he "re-wired" the trailer so that the left turn signal flashed both rear lights.

U-Haul = idiots. I hope they go out of business.

Latest posts