New Head Unit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampTrac

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Well this is what ive been working on over Christmas.
20231229_121653.jpg
This is what it looked like before.
20231223_164451.jpg
I replaced the stereo, painted the bezel, and installed an overlay on the heat/ac control area. It looks a lot better. The stereo is a JVC KDTD91BTS which i got from crutchfield with all the install parts and instructions. I highly recommend using crutchfield; they saved me a ton of time and money. I really like the radio so far. I got it bc it has am/fm, plays cds, and has bluetooth, all while retaining buttons and a physical volume knob. I cant stand touchscreen stereos. It sounds great; better than factory i think.
I painted the faded bezel (which was that weird color ford used to save money by putting it in grey and tan interiors :) ) with krylon fusion satin black. I like the fusion, it sticks very well to plastic if you use primer. I guess i couldve bought a black bezel off ebay, but painting was easier and matched my door handles.
The overlay is white and matches the speedometer and other gauges.
Overall a rewarding project for under $150.

Nicely done. Too bad you're on the other coast. I would have taken the factory one off your hands.

Looks good.
You'll be happy with the JVC. I love mine, a touch screen though. I have JVC in 2 of my 3 vehicles. The other has an Alpine that cost twice as much, the JVC is waaay better.
I'm not a big fan of touch screens either and prefer a volume knob. I have steering wheel controls for the volume, so it's less of an inconvenience.
I like the darker bezel too. Well done.

Thanks yall. Dvdswan, you wouldnt want my old stereo anyway. The volume knob wasnt working and it was rejecting cds.

Latest posts