New guy - prob buying a ST today!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 people post that they love their tracs and one person swears its the worst vehicle. wow i think ill believe the 15 to 1 odds in favor of the sport trac. your too funny...... have you ever heard of the saying "Everything mass produced will have flaws"? i guess not. grow up and get your panties out of the knot that they are in.

Sport Trac - 1

Long Time Snow Blower (i mean Ford Owner) - 0

Had my 02 for almost 5 years and it's been trouble free. Sure I had to get rid of the crappy oem brakes and shocks but less then $200 later I have a fantastic truck. Of course I only paid 19,500 for mine new. If I had gotten it tricked out and paid closer to 30K like some people then I probably would expect a lot more. This truck is a bargain under 20K but not so much above 20K.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with people being honest and posting both positive and negative about their Sportracs.

This site should be honest and useful, not a bunch of people stroking each other to make them feel better about what kind of vehicle they buy.

It is just a vehicle, it is not your personality or personal worth.

I like many things about my Sportrac, but there are several things that I don't like about it as well. Yes, Ford quality is crappy in many areas, but good in many others.

Overall, I think Ford could do a much better job of building vehicles if they would just listen to what owners are saying and make positive changes.

The second-generation sportrac obviously fell under several severe budget cuts. I guess Ford figures they are lucky to even have a sportrac model for 2007.

Read my post, you will see I do not abuse my vechicle, I get it completely detailed twice a year.

My Trac get washed whenever it rains. I do have it detailed once a year, and that is usually right before the LAP Trac meet. Since there wont be one in 2007, my next detail job will be 2008. I change my engine oil once a year. I change my tranny, PS, and brake fluid once a year too. I drive my Trac too fast, I brake too hard. I tow too much weight on my trailer and I load too much weight in the bed.

She just turned 80,000 miles yesterday and she runs just as good as they day I got her. Even my father-in-law likes my Trac, though he won't admit it being the GM fan that he is.

I plan on keeping my Trac well past 100,000 miles and at this point in life, have no plans to replace it.

Tom

You can't let things like a VERY pre-mature tranny problem go without saying. I too love my trac, I drive it fairly hard, but with respect daily... but I will not just let the idea of a tranny dying WAY too soon go without mentioning.

Yes, all vehicles have thier problems... but not the same problem for almost 20 years running. It's unforgivable in my eyes. The ST was my first Ford product, and my last. I still have a lot of years of purchasing vehicles left so they have lost out on my business.... and my kids, and thier kids, and so on ;)

Send me a cheque Ford ;)

XST, I got my check from Ford the other day. $2500 for "pain and suffering" caused by the tranny and in my wife's 2004 Merc Mountaineer. It was our lemon law suit settlement check.

Latest posts