New Front Rotors & Pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Stewart

Reaction score
Installed new PowerStop rotors and pads on Saturday got the complete matched set from rock auto shipped to my door in 3 days for $177 what a big difference. I had my original rotors had been cat at 130k now has 174k pads still had 50% but rotors were warped. The kit was part # K1923 big difference in stopping performance as they say night and day. I strongly recommend this kit as of now. They say 24 month and 24,000 mile warranty. We will see how they do after a few K miles.

What is the pad material? If carbon metalic as the PF pads are. I can understand.

I have the carbon metalic PF pads on oem front rotors. The hotter they get. The better they grab. I havent had them fade yet. I have done several tests from 90mph or more down to 40. They keep on grabing without fade.No rotor warpage.

Wish I had used PF pads on my 'stang and t-bird. Especialy the '88 t-bird. After I droped a built up 302 in it. Small brakes 'cause of the original 14" wheels, no abs..

Latest posts