new exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason vocaty

Reaction score
Ok i got i guy that will cut off all the cats and give me a new exhaust. my only issue is that i still want a quite zone when driving daily. what exhaust do you have to recommend? money is not the issue here loud at the stop lights is can any one help?:unsure: no check engine light is mandatory!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the cats or just the pre cats.

edit; If you remove the main cats. You will get a CEL. Replace the main cat with a high flow and the bung for the O2 sensor or xcall and turn that circuit off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered the Random Technology Y-pipe and high-flow cat from or sponsor Zabteck? The y-pipe will eliminate the pre-cats, and the R/T high-flow cat will replace the OEM main cats. Both products are direct bolt-on items, and neither will cause you the throw a CEL.

As for muffler, you'll find many different opinions here. I think it just comes down to personal preference, and what kind of sound you're trying to achieve.

For me, there's nothing that even comes close to the sound of Flowmaster mufflers.:cool: