New E15 Fuel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks oldtimer, I hope that E15 does not get here. E10 seems to work ok though.

Since most STs are flex fuel it shouldn't be a problem for people on this web site. Any car that doesn't have flex fuel rating should avoid anything over E10.

If I'm not mistaken, only the 2004-2005 Gen 1 ST's were flex fuel. I don't know about the V6 2007-2010 Gen 2 Tracs. But I'm pretty sure that the 2007-2010 V8 Tracs are not flex-fuel capable.

My 2010 V8 Trac is not flex fuel rated.

The biggest pain will be small gas engines, especially two-cycle engines. That crap will kill them pretty quickly.

.....nor my '03

Never did use E85 in my '04....maybe it was because the nearest station was 200

miles away. Got one in the area now at the naval station, but never see anyone there and

the price is damn near the same as E10.......

Im supeised it is only E-15. The word from DC was pushing E-10 To E-20 everywhere.

They want us off the roads. With what we have. They will be happy also for those that crater and cant' afford anything. Believe me we are in a world of Big Gov control.

Funny thing happened with my brother-in-law's snow blower. After sitting for about a year and a half it wouldn't start. Pulled the spark plug. Good spark but the plug was bone dry. I then pulled one of the plugs from the fuel bowl just to make sure the carb had fuel in it which it did. Still wouldn't start. We loaded it up in my ST and hauled it to a repair shop. When we unloaded it it fired on the first try without doing anything other than pulling the rope. Only thing we could figure was that the needle had stuck in the seat inside the carb and bouncing around in the bed of my truck must have caused it to break loose. There's a case where a BFH might have actually worked. Repair shop recommends Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment to combat the effects of ethanol in any gas engine.

Latest posts