New Camaro is Beautiful

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Ever since the concept came out, I really liked it. I hope GM doesn't tone the production model down much. Homerun on their part if it comes out like that and the performance/interior matches the exterior styling.

Yeah, it's nice looking but it's too close to the Mustang. Hmmmm...maybe GM is on to something...

I don't like it....and I've always been mainly a GM man except for Mustangs. The Mustang was a better retro design. I wish I could have also afforded a new Mustang GT but the Trac has what I need at this point in my life. The Camaro convertible looks better than the hard top to me but neither is to my liking. I also like the new Challenger...it is a good design.

Gary
:cool:

The Camaro IS going into production.

And it'll look very similar to the concept. Obvious changes will be smaller wheels, probably 17" on base, 18"+ on higher-spec models; useable side mirrors, and lights mass-production ready. A few details like the fender lips will be redone so that they can be press-made.

I don't much care for it, really. I just not a huge fan of Camaros or Mustangs. This reach back to try to sell vehicles will probably reach its trendy-end in just a few more years, when the Chinese, French, and Italians move in to shake things up.

...French, and Italians move in to shake things up.

Have you forgotten about Alfa Romeo and Fiat years ago?

How about Renalt?

Maybe the Chinese will do something, but I can not imagine the French doing anything that will shake anyone up.

Tom

Modern French cars demand a huge presence on the road. Nothing else is styled like a French vehicle. They aren't reaching backwards to go forward, they are bringing the new and innovative to the road.

Looks good, but it's not a Ford. Check this link

http://www.mustangforums.com/timeline/2012-ford-mustang/

I'm on my 3rd Stang (68-90-07) along with my ST to pull my boat. Ford really hit the 05-08 Stang reto look with me. Made me go out and buy one. I think the new Camaro is a copy of the Ford marketing with the Stang.

If Ford can get it together, stay afloat and deal with their business, I think they have a winner with the 2012 Stang shown above. :D

Travis,

Have you really looked at the Renaults? Seriously...

Like the typical French car, Ugly, Ugly, Ugly.

As for reaching backwards, I think it is a wise way to go. Moving foreward is good...to a point. Sometimes your future is behind you. Being who you are is the best thing to be.

What about Toyota and the FJ Cruiser? Is that forward thinking or are they taking an old design and making it work for the future?

Tom

What about Toyota and the FJ Cruiser? Is that forward thinking or are they taking an old design and making it work for the future?

No.. It's definitely not thinking forward. Toyota has fallen prey to the trend of retro designs that car manufacturers have recently started. They are ugly, but in a neat kind of way.

..Just like that one new Ford car looks like a 300C...can't remember the name of the Ford car tho.

Interceptor.

That Camaro concept looks good but I don't like two-door sports cars that are long...like the Corvette and the Camaro.

I'd like a car to compliment my Trac and if I had the money I'd probably go with a GT500 or an IS. I like the 300C and Charger (and the Challenger) but it wouldn't be right having a car that was bigger than my Trac.

Toyota has fallen prey to the trend of retro designs that car manufacturers have recently started.

Maybe it is because people want cars they can relate to instead of feeling like they are driving a rocket ship into outer space.

Tom

Iam one that is old enough to apreciate the retro look. I want American cars to look American. I dont think we need to follow the foriegn car market in design.;)

Maybe it is because people want cars they can relate to instead of feeling like they are driving a rocket ship into outer space.

There are only a handful of cars that look like rocketships... well.. maybe a moonrover here and there.

That car has gone into production, though I don't believe on a mass level yet.. For instance if you're into rap you can check out T.I. drag racing one against a '68 in his new video of "top back". I also saw one parked at Lenox Mall in Atlanta about two weeks ago.. Not sure how they have them already..but they do..