New 07 Arrived

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin Perrotta

Reaction score
After enjoying this forum for the past 6 months, I now enjoy our 07 Job 2 Dk Cherry Sport Trac that we ordered. We had a build date on the last week in August. The door on the vehicle said Sept 9 and was at the dealer in Mass. on the 11th. We picked up the vehicle on the 13th. We picked every option except Chrome, Nav Sys. ,Sat. radio and heated windshield. We also made a few dealer accessories. We ordered Explorer LTD bodyside moldings and had them painted Dk Cherry and installed. The back door is 3/4, yet since it is body color, it blends seamless and i enjoy the added protection and texture to the side appearance. We also added the Explorer chrome name badges for the door, at only 12.50 a piece. I believe it tastefully adds to the vehicle, while I also some think some may disagree with this choice, I really like them. The 07 Explorers also will keep the name badge and move the V8 symbol to the front fenders, keeping a factory original theme.

After two coats of wax, the Dark Cherry has a beautiful tone, many people comparing it to a wine color. We have the Dk Charcoal /Stone interior.

Took a drive to NH/ VT this past Sat. Avg 16.1 mpg, but more interesting was the separate mpg highway on the return trip was 18 mpg going 65 - 70 mph. Very quiet and confortable to drive. My first moonroof and enjoyed the PDBL. Almost like a convertable.

My thanks to the people who have posted here. It helped me make an informed decision I am enjoying. I had a good experience at Sarat Ford in Agawam.MA and had a good salesman in Jack LaValley who really followed through on the special trims I added, working with the parts dept. and the body shop and a good delivery. On our order he double checked everything twice and confirmed the order form twice with me there to make sure everything was done right. I paid a fair price, but did no like the mandatory advertising fee (talk about paying for nothing). I hate to think I pay for a terrible Ford website, no advertising on a Trac I can see on TV or radio. I also chose to get an ESP, even with the 5 yr 60K warranty. It is basically the Basic ESP. There are new prices on ESPs, and I got the premium first day rental cheaper than Warrany Direct's best coverage by over 200 dollars! The prices on this websites Spartan Ford ESP were the old prices. I called the 800 # direct, and the prices they have on the web were not different, in case anyone else is considering this option.

Thnks to all for your contributions to this website. It is a great resource that I will add my two cents worth every now and then.

best of luck , sounds real nice but how about some pictures !!.

if you need help posting pic's, as i did, call todd z. he will walk you thru it . :)

Congrats!!! Sounds real nice. Also, you may be the first on here to actually have the Job 2 '07 parked in you driveway. I could be wrong. Maybe someone will chime in and correct me. I haven't heard anyone on here yet mention that they actually have their vehicle with the PDBL. Most I heard have it "on order". Enjoy.;)

I feel your joy! Mine came last Saturday and I have only spent one day with it as I am at work right now (Airline Pilot). I totally agree with your statements, and the Explorer badge should be a nice touch. Enjoy your new truck!

jfire

Congrats.

Sounds like you had a lot better "buying experience" than I did. Your mods are interesting and it sounds like you gave them a lot of thought. I received my Job 2 ST Limited V8 on Sept. 8 and the PDBL with the moonroof is still the coolest thing I like about my Trac. Almost like a convertible. You're getting better gas mileage than I am but I drive a little harder than I should.

You know what we want to see...pics!

Jealous^^^. Glad to hear you got exactly what you ordered. Too many posts lately about not getting what they ordered. can wait for the Pics.

TJ and jfire, Nice Tracs

The ESP was the premium 7 yr/75K miles 4x4 with first day rental for $1760. Warranty Direct was more expensive and you had to add emissions to Warranty Direct. Also did not have first day rental. this was a better price than Spartan Ford that advertises on this website. The Premium ESP includes the emisssions not covered by

Warranty Direct. The Warranty Direct was for the same mileage. Even talked on the phone after Ford extended their standard warranty, and there was no changes at this date. It looked to me that Ford gives the Basic ESP with roadside service in the new warranty. I plan on keeping my vehicle for a long time and was concerned about all the electronics and any special attention to the 4x4, as it is my first truck/SUT. It will be a weekend and vacation vehicle. I have an older Ford I drive to the city for work. Couldn't bear to bring the ST to work for security and other issues. For those reasons, the ESP made enough sense for me to justify the expense. PS . . . I hope you are doing alright at Ford. Good luck.

VP

FYI : If you do not like the 3/4 bodyside molding on the rear door, you can use a 2nd front door bodyside molding and cut it down like I did.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts