Never Tow Your ST in Park

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Prieto

Reaction score
If you are gonna tow any vehicle behind your big rig, please be sure its in Neutral before taking off. This ST was dragged many miles before the driver (a woman) realized that there were sparks coming from 20ft behind her Winnebago Motorhome. It was alittle late by then. She had already lost the rear tires and wore the rims 40%. Even center chunk was leaking oil by the time she stopped. OUCH !

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
SORRY for the double post.

But I do have an XBOX for sale, only $2000.00, -"NOT"

I was, just joking about the XBOX, I don't have 1 for sale....

Last edited by a moderator:
hey MikeC if you're willing to pay $1800 for a $400 electronic item, I got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale :)

I'd rather have some swamp land in Louisiana. I'm sure someone will eventually want to build a town on it and buy it from me for a profit. :p

Yeah and I don't think a tuner could have helped the tow vehicle. Can you imagine how that owner must have felt when he saw his trac?!

Coming from a race a couple of years ago, we saw a similar site. But we flagged the RV down and made him slow down enough so we could tell him. That's just being courteous and making sure people are safe. The guys rim was a bit worn but it didn't do much damage. I can only imagine what could have happened if we had not done that.

Latest posts