Nelson....be safe out there....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for my absence. I was in Germany training NATO soldiers prior to their deployment to Afghanistan. I returned to Poland last night.

This issue was the topic of the day where I was working. I got an earful from the Brits, Germans and Poles I work with. They were unanimous in their condemnation of this decision. I for one am shocked, since I never heard so much negative about Obama here in Europe.

They say Obama threw Poland and Czech Republic under the bus. The Czech President lost his job over this issue about six months ago and the Polish leadership took a big hit too. These countries and Lithuania (who volunteered to host the system if Poland wouldn't) stuck their necks out to support us in the wake of the Russian attack on Georgia. Now we have basically told them they are on their own now. Now we are seen as an unreliable ally, at best, but some are even stating we are no longer a superpower, because we just castrated ourselves by showing we will back down to Russian pressure.

Personally, I am disappointed, but at this point I am not surprised by anything coming out of Washington. :(

Nelson,,,

Nice to hear from you, glad all is ok.

Every country I have been in militarily speaking, I have always had the you are a BAD country because... But they are more than willing to accept our help/service/money...

Latest posts