need your opinion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick inabinet

Reaction score
hey guys i wanted everyones opinion here on torsion keys. i already have cranked my torsion bars 2" and am still looking for more lift out of the front end. from looking at a web site i was told i could lift the front end another 2-3'' with the keys. one of my friends has done this to his expidition and got 4 '' total but has suffered cv joint problems. since my ride is 2wd would this be a safe/ easy lift. thanks alot

ps heres the link http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=93391

You may be able to lift it more with these keys but what about alignment? Do they make a pin long enough for this style of lift? I know you have to get a different alignment pin when you do the TT over a cirtain hight. Someone else may be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that would be the problem you'd run into.

Even with keys you're still losing downtravel. If you want more I say get dropped spindles since you have a 4x2.

would it be possible to just buy longer travel shocks ? im trying to lift it this way becuase money is a big issue for me , im 17. everything i do has to be run by my dad and having to swap out parts to ldo the spindle lift it would not fly to good with him ( having to change the brakes and all ). even if i did lose downtravel how much would it be. i dont take my truck off road too much and even if i do its just to play in the mud.

Latest posts