Need some suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
Give you a little history to start out. This fall I was at a local grocery store and had my hands full and was a little tired so I'm not sure what numbers I punched into the keypad on the drivers side door, well some how this scrambled the code needed to unlock and lock the doors using the keypad. I finally got around to taking the defroster cover off and searching for the master code for my truck. Turns out the code I had been using was the master code, so even the master code isn't working and punching the last 2 pads doesn't lock the doors either. I am thinking that the module has gotten messed up but since the remote door lock fob works I am not completely convinced the module is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I really don't want to take it in to the dealer either.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

I'd suspect a broken door wire. Unlikely that you blocked the factory code as its pretty hardwired into the system. Try wiggling the chassis to door wires while someone presses the 7/8 and 9/0 to see if you get momentary contact.