Need some personal website help: LAST UPDATE (I hope)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Just put a new background on my website. Here is the question/problem... Everything lines up on my monitor like I want, but I have no idea what it will look like on other monitors. The background is 2000 pix X 3000 pix and fixed... Website is set to 994X1000. I don't know what else to ask.. How does it look for you guys???

Last edited by a moderator:
[Broken External Image]:

screenshot shrunk down.. It takes too long to load though, the background file by itself is 1.44 megs. In the world of mobile devices that is too large. I'd try to shrink the file down to under 500k so that your site loads quicker.

Phone users may be your biggest base. I'd work around that premise. Everything loaded immediately for me except the background.

Looks awesome!:supercool:

Just changed the background to a compressed jpg file, it's now down to 268K. Does it still look good? I can try to compress it a little more,,, do I need to????

The background loaded faster than the phone and CLK images now.

Phone image original size is 499 x 969 but then resized to 93 x 160 so you should go in an change the actual size of the image so it isn't oversized

Same for CLK orginial is 1115 x 673 but then resized to 417 x 251

so between those two there is a lot of wasted bandwidth

The phone definitely loaded last, but it was still before I could even move the mouse. Still looks good.

OK,,, I re sized and compressed the CLK's and phone. The page should load a lot faster now. How does it look on a smart phone,,, i.e. loading and size?

I'm not sure if it's just my phone or what but the background kind of moves and disappears and reappears on my phone. (Android 2.2) It seems weird enough that I'd blame my phone, unless others have the problem too obviously.

Thanks Bill

Good,,,,, info is there... Just what I need. So,,, I found a script that redirects if a mobile phone is used,, Loaded it, so let me know if that works. If not I will delete it and go back to just the normal page. (I don't have a smart phone to test it)

yea, I didn't think it would work. I'm going to delete it and go back 1 step. Moved everything over. Thanks for the help JD

JD,,, I made a background change,,, how does it look on your monitor? Could I get a another screenshot and what is your resolution. Thanks for your time.

1920x1080

[Broken External Image]:

The background isn't as crisp anymore, I can see the graininess and in the white part it almost looks like two images were joined together (center left side)

You're pretty smart there,, compadre... I flipped the pic, joined them and then compressed it to load faster. I probaly can live with the small amount of grain.... I think I should quit while I am ahead... Unless you can suggest anything to make it better. I tried just a gradient but I really like this pic. I can barely see the grain on my 1440X900.... Thanks for your time.

Latest posts