Need some opinions on roofrack light configurations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had done a mod a few years ago where I swapped the faring around the radio for an older version containing 2 foglight switches. looks OEM.. bottom switch for the OEM fog lights and the top switch has the PIAA lights and now these via a 60 amp relay.. :)

I may end up doing that too but what I was asking is how/where did you run the wiring from the lights to the inside at? Did you go down the back of the cab, or between the doors, or what?

Oh, the lights on top go between the passenger door and the cab (since my passenger door is used much less often) down the door watershield and enter where door wiring hole is (with a small loop below the hole to shed any water that makes it that far before entering)

Because.............................

Let's see. Just off the top of my head...

No more than 4 headlight-type beams allowed to be operating at once.

Roof-mounted off-road lights must be covered when driving on the road.

No headlight-type beams allowed above the bottom of the windshield.

In viewing the GA & NC General Statutes I found none of the specific terms you claim. Maybe they say that in WI where you are. There are limitations but not as you state. I don't believe he intends to use them on the highway so down heah in the Sooth he'll probably not be hassled by Sheriff Buford T Justus. I've had KC's on a couple of my F150 4x4's and never got a second look. We like off road lights down heah ........ Boy.:rofl::rofl:

Jerry, you ever been hassled for your roof lights?

Heck, I barely get a second look, other than a wave, when I drive our demo home.:haveabeer:

...and NO, I don't light it up.

6ad54c35bce84dd035e78d20680173de.jpg
5ed8aa2529d0c9d281398bec7ba079e7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve M

I like those little lights on the mirrors. Would they fit on the front and back slope of the Sport Trac roof rack? Do they come in yellow or white? They are LED strobes, right?

They're LED's and there are some really powerful ones even smaller. This car has "Star" lights on it but the smaller ones are "Sound-Off". The ones in the link below are awesome for their size. Keep in mind that, even with the big improvements made in recent times, LED's are still fairly directional. Sound-Off Signal is unbeatable for quality and price. These come in red, blue, amber & white.

No I never get bothered up here in Pa.. I'll sometimes use them in bad weather or at night in my neighborhood since I live in the woods. I'll use them to flash someone to get them to turn their headlights on and thye think I'm a Cop so all of them put their headlights on. I'm going to be reconfiguring the light setup this spring when I install the Yakima LoadWarrior roof basket. CityBoyAtl, where's the night pics with them lit up?

:driving::supercool:

Finally got my camera fixed after dropping it..

now get to upload the night pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

You'd make a Wisconsin trooper very happy. And the fine would pay his wages for an entire shift.

Latest posts